"Enhancing Quality of Life for Seniors: Culture Change and Beyond,” is the title of the annual University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence (CHAASE) Fall Forum. The event will be held Thursday, September 7 from 4:00-5:30 pm in the Ojibwe Ballroom (Room 330) at the UW-Eau Claire Davies Center.
This year's discussion will focus on the importance of quality of life in the field of health and aging services. A panel of respected experts will explore the following questions:
- What is the current environment of quality of life for residents and tenants in field today?
- How are the changes in the landscape influencing quality of life for individuals?
- What are some of the high impact practices various stakeholders are engaged in now?
- What are the challenges and opportunities ahead and how might we address them?
- What are the new skill sets and talents required for advancing quality of life for leaders?
Our panelists include:
- Rosalie Kane, PhD, professor, Division of Health Policy & Management, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota
- LaVrene Norton, president and founder, Action Pact, Milwaukee, WI
- Jennifer Johs-Artisensi, PhD, professor and program director, Health Care Administration, Department of Management and Marketing, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Kevin Larson, vice convener of the UW-Eau Claire CHAASE, will serve as the moderator.
In addition to the panel presentation, participants will be able view the applied research projects developed by UW-Eau Claire health care administration seniors during their practicum experience. This year's practicum students will be focusing on the "Promising Practices that Enhance the Quality of Life in Senior Care."
UW-Eau Claire CHAASE, LeadingAge Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Health Care Association are sponsoring the forum, with additional support provided by the UW-Eau Claire Department of Economics and College of Nursing.
The event is free and open to the public. No registration is required, and there will be a social with refreshments and appetizers following the forum.
For more information, contact LaNette Flunker, 715-836-2088.