Every year outstanding students, preceptors and friends of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Health Care Administration Program are recognized at the annual spring banquet hosted by the UW-Eau Claire Center for Health Care Administration and Aging Services Excellence (CHAASE). Over 300 participants attended this year’s event which was held April 27 at The Florian Gardens in Eau Claire, WI.
Congratulations to our 2017 award and scholarship recipients.
- Preceptor of the Year: Shelly Wiggin, Administrator, Minnesota Masonic Home, Bloomington, MN.
Recognizes the contribution and leadership by a preceptor of the health care administration program
- Distinguished Student: Nathaniel Sproat, a senior from Green Bay, WI.
Recognizes exceptional performance and extra contributions by a UW-Eau Claire health care administration student
- Distinguished Alumni Award: LaNette Flunker, '85, HCAD Activities and Practicum Coordinator, UW-Eau Claire
Recognizes distinguished service to the field in a manner that brings credit upon the award recipient and UW-Eau Claire
- Distinguished Service Award: Ray Miller, Director of Risk and Safety Solutions, Direct Supply, Milwaukee, WI.
Recognizes commitment to the advancement of CHAASE
Best Applied Student Leadership Projects
- Internal Operations Award
Kylie Seiffert: “Consistent Staff Assignment”
Preceptor: Liz Reiss, Sheboygan Progressive Care Center, Sheboygan, WI.
- External Relationships Award
Julia Lewinski: IN2L: Closing the Technology Gap Between Generations”
Preceptor: Vern Larson, LindenGrove, Mukwonago, WI.
- Customer Service Award
Kate Nowack: “Dementia Dining Program”
Preceptor: Stacy Niess, Heartland ManorCare, Fond du Lac, WI.
- Heyde Health Care Entrepreneur Award
Sara Starck: “Don’t Waste, Donate: Feeding Our Veterans”
Preceptor: Megan Corcoran, WI Veterans Home, Chippewa Falls, WI.
Nearly 20,000 in scholarships were awarded for the 2017-18 year. Special thanks to our scholarship donors.
- Alden Senior Living: Allison Prouty, Apple Valley, MN. $1,000. Awarded to a student who has been involved in mentoring younger students.
- American College of Health Care Administrators Student Chapter: Lori Morris, White Bear Lake, MN. $500. Awarded to a local and national student member of ACHCA who has shown commitment to the organization and the program.
- Benedictine Health System: Alyssa Schwaller, Ladysmith, WI. $1000. Awarded to a student who demonstrates a commitment to the health, independence and choice for senior services.
- Brian R. Schoeneck UWEC Alumnus: Rachel Paddock, Rockford, IL. $500. Awarded to a student who graduated from high school in Wisconsin and has volunteer or work experience within a non-for profit senior organization.
- Care Providers of Minnesota: Michael R. Klein, Savage, MN. $1000. Awarded to a student who works or volunteers in a senior care setting in Minnesota.
- Gene Decker: Robert McInnes, Milwaukee, WI. $500. Awarded to a student who was an active participation in ACHCA student organization.
- Fortis: Jacqueline Immekus, Greendale, WI. and Rachael Wallin, Glenville, MN. $500 each. Awarded to a freshman or sophomore who has shown a commitment to the program and the field of long-term care.
- Golden Living: Madelyn Blaha, Sparta, WI. and Kyle A. Theiler, Tomahawk, WI. $1000 each. Awarded to a freshman or sophomore in the Healthcare Administration Program.
- Good Samaritan Society: Nicholas D. Schmitt, Stevens Point, WI. $500. Recognizes a student with diversity in their learning experience.
- HCR ManorCare: Rachel Brickner, Howards Grove, WI. $1000. Awarded to a student who engages in activities that support independence and the wellbeing of individuals.
- LeadingAge Wisconsin: Anna G. Schoen, Tomahawk, WI. $500. Awarded to a Wisconsin resident with service in the health care field.
- Life Care Services: Robert Whitehurst, Eau Claire, WI. $1000. Recognizes a student with significant involvement in leadership roles/positions. Minimum 3.25 GPA.
- M3 Insurance: Rachel Meye, West Allis, WI. $1000. Awarded to a Wisconsin resident with preference given to students with experience in health or safety improvement.
- Thomas Schanke Family Civic Engagement: Katelyn Zachowski, Milwaukee, WI. $1000. Recognizes a high achieving and civic-minded student.
- Tri County Medical Alliance: Andrea N. Mader, Waukesha, WI. $200. Awarded to a student who has made a special contribution to the field of Health Care Administration.
- Villa HealthCare: Luke Jackson, Chaska, MN. $1500. Awarded to a sophomore or junior student who is active in ACHCA, has a minimum GPA of 3.5, is a CNA or other health care experience, has worked or volunteered in a senior living center.
- Wisconsin Assisted Living Association: Brynna Prellwitz, Port Washington, WI. $500. Awarded to a student who volunteers or works in an assisted living setting.
- Wisconsin Health Care Association and Wisconsin Center for Assisted Living: Marissa Laher, Medford, WI; Hannah Duerst, Waterford, WI; Nathaniel Berg, Fall Creek, WI; Chandler Hulke, Eau Claire, WI; Carissa Vruwink, Wisconsin Rapids, WI. $1,000 each.
- Wipfli: Emily A. Greenwood, Eau Claire, WI. $1000. Awarded to a student with a minimum 3.0 GPA and volunteer service with activities that strive to maintain dignity, wellbeing and independence of the elderly or individuals with disabilities.
Special thanks to our 2017 CHAASE Banquet Sponsors.
- Alden Senior Living
- Benedictine Health Systems
- Golden Living
- Life Care Services
- Care Initiatives
- Oak Park Place
- Presbyterian Homes and Services
- Tealwood Senior Living
- Villa Health Care
- Atrium Health and Senior Living
- Ebenezer/Martin Luther Care Center
- Grace Lutheran Foundation
- LeadingAge Wisconsin
- Minnesota Masonic Home
- M3 Insurance
- Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls
- Bethany St. Joseph
- Brewster Village
- Crestview Senior Communities
- Dove Healthcare
- Good Samaritan
- Heritage Senior Living Communities
Open House Sponsors
- Ensign Senior Living
- Grandview Care Center
- Legacy Health Care