“Exploring Advances in Technology to Enhance Senior Care” is the theme of the 2016 University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence (CHAASE) annual forum. The event will be held from 3-4:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8, in the Ojibwe Ballroom (330) of UW-Eau Claire's Davies Center.
The event is free and open to the public. Registration is not required.
Dr. Jennifer Johs-Artisensi, UW-Eau Claire's health care administration program director, will lead a panel of respected leaders who will discuss the use of existing and new technologies to improve senior care and the skills required for future leaders to find, assess and implement service delivery advances in this ever-changing landscape. Members of the panel are:
- Scott Code, MBA, associate director, Center for Aging Services Technologies
- Diane Farsetta, Ph.D., outreach specialist, UW-Madison School of Nursing
- James Jansen, product manager, Technology Solutions, DirectSupply
Panelists and participants will explore the following questions:
- What is the current state of technology advances in the field today?
- What are the new technologies and how do leaders find out about them?
- How do leaders assess the value of using a new technology?
- How do leaders ensure technology advances are effectively implemented?
- What are the skill sets required for advancing technology solutions?
The panel presentation will serve as a foundation for an applied research project practicum that UW-Eau Claire health care administration students will work on at their practicum sites. The focus of this year’s research is the use of technology to improve organizational delivery and service and explore the needs of future leaders. Funding for this project has been provided by Golden Living and Benedictine Health Systems.
Following the panel, a social and open house with appetizers and refreshments will be held in the new CHAASE office space in Schneider Hall Room 226.
Co-hosts for the forum are LeadingAge Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Health Care Association. Event sponsors are UW-Eau Claire's CHAASE, department of economics, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, and Institute for Health Sciences.
For parking information and more details about the CHAASE annual forum, contact LaNette Flunker at 715-836-2088 or email@example.com.