Thirty two individuals were initiated into the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The annual initiation was held Saturday, April 8 on the UW-Eau Claire campus.
The initiation was conducted by BGS faculty adviser, Dr. Kristy Lauver, professor of management, and BGS co-presidents Nicole Ackerson and Nicholas Gustafson.
Cynthia Hofacker, senior lecturer in the Department of Business Communication, was named the 2017 Beta Gamma Sigma Outstanding professor.
Dr. Timothy Vaughan, interim College of Business dean, was initiated as an honorary member of BGS.
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest honor bestowed upon students at AACSB International accredited business schools. Students are invited to join the organization by their business school faculty. To be eligible for invitation, undergraduate and graduate students must be in the upper 10 percent of the junior or senior class, or upper 20 percent of their MBA class.
Beta Gamma Sigma has inducted more than 750,000 outstanding students into membership since its founding in 1913. These 750,000 members have served in corporate, government, non-profit, educational, and other management positions at every level of responsibility. Members currently reside in all 50 U.S. states and more than 160 countries around the world. (Source: Beta Gamma Sigma website)
2017 BGS Initiates
- Shannon Czaplinski, an accounting and finance double major from Custer, WI
- Heidi Holmstrom, a marketing major from Burlington, WI
- Jillian Hultgren, an accounting and finance double major from Winona, MN
- Megan Krupa, an accounting and information systems double major from Baldwin, WI
- Jayson Oratch, an accounting major from Cumberland, WI
- Sarah Peichel, a marketing major from Chaska, MN
- Tanya Schmitz, a health care administration major from Eau Claire, WI
- Ian Stemper, an information systems major from Richfield, MN
- Katarina Theo, an international business and German double major from Hartland, WI
- Samantha Wessel, a business administration major from Birnamwood, WI
- Paul Willfahrt, a finance and business economics double major from Auburndale, WI
- Nicholas Bauer, a business administration major from Oshkosh, WI
- Brianna Calder, an accounting and finance double major from Corcoran, MN
- Jared Fogarty, an accounting and finance double major from Spring Valley, WI
- Katie German, a marketing major from Jordan, MN
- Jordan Janssen, an information systems major from Little Chute, WI
- Brittney Lyga, a finance and accounting double major from Arcadia, WI
- Elizabeth Ottusch, a professional sales marketing major from Dousman, WI
- Dier Pulatov, a finance major from Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Katheleen Blakeslee, an international business major from Middleton, WI
- Jennique Demers, a human resources management major from Rice Lake, WI
- Jacob Espeseth, an entrepreneur management major from Bruce, WI
- Keegan Hughes, a marketing major from St. Paul, MN
- Amy Orthaus, a human resources management major from Lake City, MN
- Samantha Paider, a health care administration major from Brussels, WI
- Ryan Ulrich, an accounting and finance double major from Eden Prairie, MN
- Levina Vang, an information systems major from Eau Claire, WI.
- David Bounk, from Eau Claire, WI
- Kyle Erffmeyer, from Irving, TX
- Craig Grzendzielewski, from Greenfield, WI
- Matthew Roberts, Wilington, DE