The UW-Eau Claire Blugold Beginnings program seeks faculty and staff to serve as college coaches to the incoming class of Blugold Beginnings Learning Community students. Each faculty/staff volunteer will be matched with a first-year student to achieve the following goals:
- Provide services and support to multicultural, first-generation, and/or economically disadvantaged students.
- Provide support to students throughout the academic year and play a vital role in connecting students to resources on campus, as needed during one-on-one meetings.
The program has the following basic expectations:
- Attend a luncheon to meet your mentee at noon Wednesday, Aug. 28, in the Ojibwe Room (330) of Davies Center.
- Design a mentorship program that works for the coach and the student.
- Meet with your student at least once per month.
If you are interested in participating as a college coach for the coming year, please complete this Qualtrics form. More information will be coming at a later date. For more information, email Cheri Snobl at firstname.lastname@example.org.