The Wisconsin Department of Administration has created a new Vehicle Use Agreement that replaces the paper Driver Authorization form used by our campus in the past. All drivers must complete a Vehicle Use Agreement by October 27, regardless of when they were last approved to drive. Travel reimbursements will be denied if a new driver authorization is not obtained.
All employees who drive for university business must complete a new electronic VUA in order to avoid any interruption in vehicle reservations even if they have a current paper VUA on file. [Note: Volunteers will continue to submit a paper VUA because they do not have network access.]
Before October 27, drivers will need to log into the new fleet portal to complete an online Vehicle Use Agreement (VUA): VUA Sign-up Portal
Select “UW” in the “Select type of employee” dropdown. Select “UW Eau Claire” under UW Campus drop down. You will be prompted for your UW-Eau Claire network ID/password.
It will only take a few minutes to complete the electronic VUA. We suggest you have the following items available when you log in:
- Network ID and Password
- Driver’s license number
- Your supervisor’s name and email address
- UDDS code for your department (e.g. Y409000). NOTE: When completing the form, you first need to select “UW Eau Claire” in the UW Campus field. Then in the “UW UDDS Code” field, you will need to type “UC” in the box, then click the drop down arrow. This will give you a listing of the UDDS codes to select from.
- Out-of-state license holders will need to upload a driving abstract or notarized statement
Your supervisor will receive an email notification when you have completed the Vehicle Use Agreement – no more signing hard copies!
For more information:
- See the State’s Fleet Driver and Management Policies and Procedures Manual available on the new Fleet portal
- UW System Vehicle Use and Driver Authorization Policy
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your VUA Coordinators or call the ASK Center at 715-836-3131. Your coordinators are:
- Jamie Whitcome (email@example.com)
- Tim Boehnen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for your support in successfully launching this new tool!