Congratulations to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire accounting students for placing first at the 2017 Minneapolis Audit Case Competition hosted by Deloitte on November 10. Competing for UW-Eau Claire were
- Thomas Furler, a junior accounting and finance major from Eau Claire, WI
- Jillian R. Hultgren, a junior accounting and finance from Winona, MN
- Ryan R. Keller, a junior accounting major from Eau Claire, WI
- Rodrigo Mendoza, Jr., a junior accounting and finance major from Delavan, WI
- Claire Meier, a junior accounting major from Greenville, W.
- Sydney Williams, a junior accounting major from Byron, MN.
For winning the competition, each UW-Eau Claire student received a $50 Visa card and a bag of Deloitte gifts, which included gloves, socks and a blanket.
Pam Baughman, lecturer, Department of Accounting and Finance, was the coach of the Blugold team. Samantha Faber, an audit senior at Deloitte and a 2012 UW-Eau Claire alumna, served as the team's Deloitte advisor.
Also invited to participate at the competition were student teams from Bethel University, Concordia College Moorhead, Gustavus Adolphus College, and Luther College.