Twenty-six business students will be initiated into the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The annual initiation will be held Saturday, April 30 at 3 pm in the Cargill Collaboration Center, Schneider Hall Room 203.
The initiation will be conducted by BGS co-advisers Dr. Kristy Lauver, professor of management and Dr. Sydney Chinchanachokchai, assistant professor of marketing, and BGS student president Cory Strum.
Ingrid Ullstad, senior lecturer in the Department of Accounting and Finance, will be recognized as the 2016 Beta Gamma Sigma Outstanding professor.
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest honor bestowed upon students at AACSB International accredited business schools. Students are invited to join the organization by their business school faculty. To be eligible for invitation, undergraduate and graduate students must be in the upper 10 percent of the junior or senior class, or upper 20 percent of their MBA class.
Beta Gamma Sigma has inducted more than 750,000 outstanding students into membership since its founding in 1913. These 750,000 members have served in corporate, government, non-profit, educational, and other management positions at every level of responsibility. Members currently reside in all 50 U.S. states and more than 160 countries around the world.
Learn more about Beta Gamma Sigma at https://www.betagammasigma.org/
2016 BGS Initiates
- Nicole Acker, a junior management major from Kassan, MN
- Blake Amborn, a junior operations/supply chain management major from Hudson, WI
- Michael T. Barr, a junior business administration major from Eau Claire, WI
- Samuel Chilsen, a sophomore IS, business analysis major from Onalaska, WI
- Katelynn Eslinger, a sophomore management major from Boyd, WI
- Nicholas A. Gustafson, a sophomore IS, business analysis major from Cottage Grove, MN
- Quinn Hartley, a junior finance major from Wisconsin Rapids, WI
- Daniel Hofmeister, a MBA student from San Diego, CA
- Sierra Joswick, a sophomore accounting major from Rhinelander, WI
- Harlie Juedes, a senior marketing analytics major from Colfax, WI
- Derek Knetter, a senior accounting major from Wausau, WI
- Leya Kritz, a senior marketing major from Waunakee, WI
- Fangyu Lyu, a senior finance major from Foshan, Guangdon Province, China
- Sandra M. Martin, a junior marketing analytics major from Appleton, WI
- Emma Moss, a senior marketing major from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Shelby Muench, a senior business administration major from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Alison Newman, a sophomore accounting and IS, business analysis major from Oakdale, MN
- Trey Newton, a junior marketing analytics major from Wisconsin Rapids, WI
- Heather Paalman, a senior health care administration major from Weyauwega, WI
- Kayla Sauer, a junior IS, systems development major from Woodbury, MN
- Anna Sedivy, a senior accounting major from Gilman, WI
- Erik Sylte, a senior accounting major from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Patricia Wakefield, a MBA student from Allentown, PA
- Jenna Williamson, a sophomore marketing major from Austin, MN
- Yanxing Wu, a sophomore finance major from Kuming, Yunnan Province, China
- Katelyn Zachowski, a sophomore health care administration major from Milwaukee, WI