UW-Eau Claire’s unique Sino-American Cooperation on Higher Education and Professional Development program, also known as the China 1+2+1 program, saw 11 graduates this year.
The China 1+2+1 program allows Chinese students to earn dual degrees from UW-Eau Claire and their home university, and faculty are also able to travel to the U.S. to teach or conduct research on campus. UW-Eau Claire is one of only 17 universities participating in the program in the United States.
Through the program, Chinese students are able to improve their understanding of the English language and learn more about American culture, both of which help build their resumes as budding business professionals. The students who participate in the program spend their first and fourth years at their home universities in China and their second and third years at an American university, like UW-Eau Claire.
UW-Eau Claire’s China 1+2+1 program includes students in majors that include accounting, economics, business administration, finance and international business.
This year’s graduates come from universities from all over China. This fall, UW-Eau Claire will see a record number of students arrive on campus as part of the China 1+2+1 program. Dr. Michael Carney, associate vice chancellor for academic affairs, and Colleen Marchwick of the Center for International Education represented UW-Eau Claire at the commencement ceremony in Dalian, China, and were able to meet several of the program graduates.
"I met the seven graduates who were able to make the journey to Dalian. They were delightful and were very appreciative and proud of their time at UW-Eau Claire and their Blugold degrees," Carney said.
Congratulations to the following summer 2017 Blugold 1+2+1 graduates:
- Cui Chen, Huaqiao University, accounting.
- Lyv Fangyu, Chian Pharmacy University, finance.
- You Qiming, Huaqiao University, accounting.
- Qiu Shuting, Southwest Petroleum University, chemistry.
- Tuerhong Subinuer, Xinjiang University of Finance & Economics, international business.
- Xia Tianyang, Fujian University of Technology, accounting.
- Zhang Xueying, Huaqiao University, accounting.
- Liu Yibo, Lanzhou University of Finance & Economics, marketing.
- Zhu Yixing, Yunnan University, finance.
- Yang Yun, Hainan University, accounting.
- Wang Zhejiao, Huzhou Teachers’ College, international business.
Photo caption: From left, Dr. Michael Carney, associate vice chancellor for academic affairs at UW-Eau Claire; China 1+2+1 graduates Cui Chen, Ji Qiaoming and Zhang Xueying; and Dr. Zeng Lu, vice president of Huaqiao University.