With Remote Assistance, you have the ability to view and share control of another Windows user's computer on our network.
- You must have rights assigned that let you run Remote Assistance. (Most UW-Eau Claire faculty and staff have been given these rights)
- The computer you want to take control of is a UWEC-owned PC (this does NOT work on Macs or personally-owned PCs).
Start Remote Assistance Session
- (Windows 7) Click the Start button.
- Click the Search Windows icon or select the search field.
- Type msra.exe.
- Press Enter on the keyboard.
- Click Help someone who has invited you.
- Click Advanced connection option for help desk.
- Type the fully qualified name of the computer you wish to view or share control in the Type a computer name or IP address field.
NOTE: This means you need the name of the computer plus offices.uwec.edu. Examples are listed below.
- Click Next.
- Ask the remote user to click Yes when the remote assistance window appears.
Share Control of Remote User's Computer
- Connect a remote session with another computer.
- Click Request control.
- Ask the remote user to click Yes when the share control window appears.