If you decide to discontinue the use of one of your devices, get a new one, or decide you no longer want Microsoft Office installed, you can uninstall the applications and make available one of your free licenses to use on another device.
To Uninstall from a PC
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Programs, or Programs and Features.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Search for the Microsoft program you wish to uninstall and select it.
- Click Uninstall.
To Uninstall from a Mac
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications.
- Search for the Microsoft program you wish to uninstall.
- Drag the program icon to the Trash.
After you have uninstalled Microsoft Office from a device, visit the Office 365 Account homepage to deactivate the license used so it can be applied to another device.
- From any device, go to https://portal.office.com/Account/#home and sign in using your work or school account, if prompted.
- From the Office apps & devices tile, select View apps and devices.
- Under Apps & devices, select the down arrow next to DEVICES to view the devices where Office is installed.
- Select Sign out next to the device.
**It can take up to 72 hours for Office to detect that you signed out remotely**