With the new travel rollout in July 2020, we are now able to book travel with different travel agencies. This new change adds more custom booking needed for your groups specific travel needs. Outlined here are the three ways you are able to book group travel. Please assess what way is best to book your group travel.
**Please note, this article excludes Athletics. Athletics books through Shorts Travel.**
Group Travel Options
Seats are held on an airline with only a small, or no deposit (depending on the carrier). Group Block is typically used when the below criteria is met and you do not yet have the traveler’s names and TSA information. These are serviced by Fox World Travel.
- 10 or more travelers departing from and returning to the same cities on the same dates
- All travelers will be on the same flights and will share identical itineraries (on one, master itinerary)
- Group Block is typically used when:
- The qualifications above are met
- You do not yet have the travelers’ names and TSA information
Advantages of Group Block
- Can book without the travelers' names and TSA information
- Guaranteed pricing for the entire group
- The airline holds seats for the group, deferring ticketing and full payment until a later date
- Some airlines allow for name changes at minimal cost
- Allows group travel coordinators time to finalize number of travelers as the count may fluctuate up until the contract deadline without penalty
To begin the process of booking a group block, please fill out the UW Group Reservation Request form
A dedicated Fox World Travel group agent will be in contact with you shortly after to begin the group block sourcing and contract process
Tickets are issued immediately. Group air is typically used when the below criteria is met and you have the traveler’s names and TSA information.These are serviced by Travel Incorporated.
- 10 or more travelers either traveling from various locations to a common destination or flying out of a common location to various destinations
- Flights and schedules are individual to the traveler
Advantages of Group Air
- No need to commit to the number of seats required
- Travelers can choose their own itineraries
- No deposit necessary. Full payment due at time of ticketing
Establishing an Administrative Group allows a host department to easily manage all department specific travel needs for students, guests or employees. These are serviced by Travel Incorporated.
- This process is required when departments want students or guests to work directly with Travel Inc to make their own reservations, whether the costs are charged to a University card or personal card
- Students and guest must book through Administrative Groups or someone with a Concur account must book for them
Advantages of Administrative Groups
- Allows a host department to easily manage all department specific travel needs for students, guests or employees
- The process gives the group administrator the option to store a University Purchasing Card on file with Travel Inc.
- Can be open ended or have a specific start and end date
- Administrator can establish rules/parameters
- Can have a variety of origins and/or destinations
- To set up a group, you will need to fill out the following form: Create a New Administrative Group with Travel Inc
- To add travelers to an administrative group, you will need to fill out the following form: Register travelers under a existing Administrative Group
- Once the process is complete, Travel Inc will provide the Administrative Group Code
- The Administrative Group Code will be given to travelers so that they can book with a Travel Inc Agent