With the new travel rollout in July 2020, we are now able to book travel with different travel agencies. This update adds custom booking needed for group specific travel needs. Outlined here are the three ways you are able to book group travel. Please assess what way is best to book your group travel.
**Please note, this article excludes Athletics. Athletics books through Shorts Travel.**
Group Travel Options
Group Block is typically used when the below criteria is met and you do not yet have the traveler’s names and TSA information. These are serviced by Fox World Travel.
- 10 or more travelers departing from and returning to the same cities on the same dates
- All travelers will be on the same flights and will share the same itineraries
There is a $205 sourcing fee paid as a deposit prior to when sourcing would occur with Fox World Travel, this is new amendment to our contract with them. If the group is ticked within the ticketing window, typically 30-45 days from the quote, the deposit can either be applied against ticketing fees or refunded. If the group does not fulfill the block contract, the deposit is nonrefundable.
Advantages of Group Block
- Can book without the travelers' names and TSA information
- Guaranteed pricing for the entire group
- The airline holds seats for the group, deferring ticketing and full payment until a later date
- Allows group travel coordinators time to finalize number of travelers as the count may fluctuate up until the contract deadline without penalty
To begin the process of booking a group block, please fill out the UW Group Reservation Request form
A dedicated Fox World Travel group agent will be in contact with you shortly after to begin the group block sourcing and contract process
Tickets are issued immediately. Group air is typically used when the below criteria is met and you have the traveler’s names and TSA information.These are serviced by Travel Incorporated.
- 10 or more travelers either traveling from various locations to a common destination or flying out of a common location to various destinations
- Flights and schedules are individual to the traveler
Advantages of Group Air
- No need to commit to the number of seats required
- Travelers can choose their own itineraries
- No deposit necessary. Full payment due at time of ticketing
- Can use an Administrative Group for Group Air
- Use our online booking tool, Concur
- Or, book with a designated Travel Incorporated Agent over the phone or email
Establishing an Administrative Group allows a host department to easily manage all department specific travel needs for students, guests or employees. These are serviced by Travel Incorporated.
- This process is required when departments want students or guests to work directly with a Travel Incorporated Agent to make their own reservations, whether the costs are charged to a University card or personal card
- Students and guest must book through an Administrative Group or someone with a Concur account must book for them
Advantages of Administrative Groups
- Allows a host department to easily manage all department specific travel needs for students, guests or employees
- The process gives the group administrator the option to store a University Purchasing Card on file with Travel Inc.
- Can be open ended or have a specific start and end date
- Administrator can establish rules/parameters
- Can have a variety of origins and/or destinations
- Can use an Administrative Group with Group Air
- To set up a group, you will need to fill out the following form: Create a New Administrative Group with Travel Inc
- To add travelers to an administrative group, you will need to fill out the following form: Register Travelers Under an Existing Administrative Group
- Once the process is complete, Travel Inc will provide the Administrative Group Code
- The Administrative Group Code will be given to travelers so that they can book with a Travel Inc Agent