Table of Contents
- Phone Basics
- Placing on Hold
- Transferring a Call
- Parking a Call
- Forwarding your Calls
- Directories Button
- Conference Calling
- Adjusting the Volume
- Changing the Ringer
- Voicemail System
- Need Help?
Beyond picking up and putting down the handset, IP phones allow alternative ways to place, answer, end, and manage calls.
Users have multiple options in making a call from their IP phone:
- Press the [LINE], [SPEAKER], or [HEADSET] button and dial.
- Press the [NEWCALL] soft key and dial.
- Press a speed dial button.
- Select a number from a directory and press the [DIAL] soft key or lift the handset.
When using a headset, press the [LINE] button of the incoming call.
When using speakerphone, press the [ANSWER] soft key or the [SPEAKER] button.
When using a headset, press the [HEADSET] button or the [END CALL] soft key.
When using speakerphone, press the [SPEAKER] button or the [END CALL] soft key.
Press the [REDIAL] soft key.
- Lift the handset and press the [PICKUP] soft key.
- Press the [ANSWER] soft key.
- With the handset down, dial the abbreviated number.
- Press the [ABBRDIAL] soft key.
To put a call on hold, press the [HOLD] soft key.
To return to a call on hold, press the [RESUME] soft key.
When there are multiple calls on hold, use the [NAVIGATION] button to select the desired call and press [RESUME].
NOTE: Calls on hold stay on hold indefinitely.
- Press the [TRNSFER] soft key to put a call on hold.
- Dial the number you want to transfer to.
NOTE: To transfer to someone's voicemail, dial #8 plus their number.
- (Optional) Announce the call.
- Press the [TRNSFER] soft key to complete.
NOTE: If the transfer fails, press the [RESUME] soft key to return to the original call.
To transfer a call to your voicemail, press the [IDIVERT] soft key while the phone is ringing.
- Press the [MORE] soft key.
- Press the [PARK] soft key.
- Make a note of the park number.
After 3 minutes, the call will ring back to the phone that placed it in park. If the call is not answered, it will go to voicemail.
Press [#] plus the park number.
- Pick up the handset
- To forward all calls to another number, press the [CFWDALL] soft key.
- Dial the number to forward all calls to.
NOTE: Enter the number exactly as you would if you were placing a call to that number.
- Press the [CFWDALL] soft key.
- Press the [MESSAGES] button.
Press the [CFWDALL] soft key.
The directory buttons allow you to access a list of missed, received, or placed calls, as well as the corporate directory.
- Press the [DIRECTORIES] button.
- Select the directory.
- Select the number you wish to call.
- Press the [DIAL] soft key.
NOTE: To enter any letter on your LCD screen, use a corresponding number key. Press the key one or more times to display a particular letter. For example, press  once for "a", twice for "b", and three times for "c". To back up, press the [<<] soft key.
- During a call, press the [MORE] soft key.
- Press the [CONFRN] soft key quickly.
NOTE: This opens a new line and puts the first party on hold.
- Dial the number.
- When the call connects, press [CONFRN] again to add the new party to the call.
NOTE: You can add up to a total of six lines using this method.
The handset must be in the cradle. Press the volume button [+] up or [-] down. The setting is automatically saved.
During a call, press the volume button [+] up or [-] down. To apply the new volume level to all future calls, press the [SAVE] soft key.
- Press the [SETTINGS] button.
- Press  for ring type.
- Press the [SELECT] soft key to choose "default ring".
- Use the [NAVIGATION] button to scroll through the list of ring types.
- To hear samples, press the [PLAY] soft key.
- To set your selection, press [SELECT].
- Press the [OK] button.
- Press the [EXIT] button.
- Press the [MESSAGES] button or dial the access number.
- Enter your PIN number (112233 is the default for 1st time setup) and press the [#] key.
- You will hear: "Welcome to Cisco Unity Connection"
- Follow the simple instructions to record your name and greeting. After listening to a playback of your recording, you may re-record your message.
- Press the [MESSAGES] button.
- Enter your PIN number and press the [#] key.
- You will be provided your current status related to voice messages, new e-mail messages, and your calendar.
- The Main Menu choices will then be given.
Press  to use the touch tone system, or say one of the commands below:
-  To send a message
-  To Review Old Messages
-  Setup Options
-  Compose a voice message
-  To List meetings
- [*] Exit
-  Help
There are a number of options for checking your voicemail when off-campus. Directions for these two processes are listed below:
This option is available both on- and off-campus. Check your email for voicemail messages. You can listen to these messages using your computer speakers.
Dial your Extension Directly
- Dial 715-836-XXXX.
- When instructed to enter your ID, enter your six-digit extension (36-xxxx) followed by "X"
- You will be instructed to enter your PIN, followed by "#"
- You will then be able to access your messages as normal
For technical assistance, contact the LTS Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call extension 36-5711.