Last modified on 03/03/2017 8:16 am CST
Changing a Password
NOTE: If you are unable to gain access to campus services (including webmail), you may need to reset your password.
Follow these steps to change your password online:
- Visit myusername.uwec.edu.
- Select Change Account Password.
- Login using your existing credentials.
NOTE: If you cannot login successfully, you will need to reset your password.
- Enter your new password as directed on the page.
If you are on a campus Windows computer, you can also change your password using the process described below:
- Sign in to the campus computer with your UW-Eau Claire username and password.
- Press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Delete] on your keyboard.
- Click Change a Password.
- Enter the current/new password as directed.
NOTE: The new password you create will need to fill the minimum requirements as described below.
If you forget your current password, you can easily reset it.
NOTE: This method requires your Blugold ID number and the last 4 digits of your social security number(or PIN if you do not have a social security number)
- Visit myusername.uwec.edu.
- Click Reset Account Password.
- Fill in your Username, 7 digit Blugold card number and last 4 social security numbers(or PIN if you do not have a social security number)
- Read the password complexity requirements and enter a new password, twice.
- Click Reset Password.
Password Complexity Requirements
It is important for your password to be strong and secure, as it guards a great deal of private and sensitive information. Therefore, valid passwords must meet these minimum requirements:
- Be at least 12 characters in length.
- Contain 1 or more English uppercase characters (A-Z).
- Contain 1 or more English lowercase characters (a-z).
- Contain 1 or more numbers (0-9) or non-alphabetic characters (!, $, #, %, etc.).
- Password cannot contain 3 or more consecutive letters of the user's username or full name.
- Cannot reuse previous passwords.
NOTE: UW System requires everyone to change their password at least once per 180 days.
Changing Your PIN
If you wish, you may change your assigned PIN to a four-digit number of your own choosing.
- Visit MyBlugold CampS.
NOTE: For more information on using MyBlugold CampS, check the documentation for Students and Faculty.
- Navigate to Self Service > Student Center.
- Select Change My PIN from the other personal… dropdown.
- From that page, enter your current PIN and the 4-digit number you would like to change it to.
There are several ways to get your PIN if you have forgotten, depending on personal preference.
If convenient, you may stop by the Blugold Central Office (Old Library 1108) with your Blugold Card or another government-issued photo ID for identity verification purposes. Due to the sensitivity of the information, PINs can not be given over the phone or without proper identification.
NOTE: To protect your privacy, we do not give our Help Desk staff access to your PIN and will not give PINs over the phone or via email. Your username is not confidential and can be given over the phone.
If you are off campus or have no government-issued photo ID, contact the LTS Help Desk at 715-836-5711 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have your PIN sent to you via postal mail.
- Faculty and Staff
Contact the Human Resources department for your PIN.
Was this article helpful?