This article gives a step-by-step explanation on how to request a campus interview in Handshake.
- Go to uwec.joinhandshake.com.
- Log in with your UWEC credentials.
- Click Events at the top of the screen.
- Click On-Campus Interviews on the secondary toolbar.
- Scroll through the options to view which organizations are offering interviews at UW-Eau Claire, or use the filter options to narrow your results.
- Once you find the company you would like to interview with, click on that organization to open their interview page. Some companies have multiple positions available so be sure to select the position in which you are interested.
- Choose the job that you would like to apply for. Complete any application information needed and click Apply.
- After applying, your application will be reviewed by the organization.
- If you are selected and offered a campus interview, you will be notified via email with a link to return to the job page and choose a time to interview.
- Review the available time slots and when you find the one that works for you, click Take Slot to reserve the interview time.
NOTE: You are able to change your slot with any available time listed on the interview schedule. If you absolutely need a slot that someone else had signed up for, you can request a slot swap with them but, they will have to withdraw from the time slot that they selected before you can take that slot.
Most interviews are held at the Career Services Interview Suite located in Schneider Hall or virtually through various platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams). Some campus interviews are held in Davies Center, especially around the time of Career Conference. Check interview time and location carefully and arrive for your interview early dressed professionally. Good luck on your interview!
Additional information from Handshake about On-Campus Interviews is located here: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/218693438-Interview-Schedules-Applications-and-Taking-Slots