Time and Labor Reporting Practice Directive
Finance and Administration
Human Resources Specialist/Karen Callawayemail@example.com
Human Resources Coordinator/Jeannine Buchfirstname.lastname@example.org
UWSA Policy 1210 - Vacation, Paid Leave Banks, and Vacation Cash Payouts
UWSA Policy 1211 - Personal Holiday and Legal Holiday Administration
UWSA Policy 1212 - Sick Leave
UWSA Policy 1270 - Optional General Payroll Deductions
UWSA Policy 1237 – Student Employment
Wisconsin State Statute - CHAPTER 40 - PUBLIC EMPLOYEE TRUST FUND
The purpose of this practice directive is to identify the multiple resources and procedures pertaining to UW-Eau Claire (UWEC) student employees, university staff, academic staff, and faculty to simplify and define a workflow for payroll processing.
The scope of this procedure is to direct students, employees, and managers through the payroll process, thereby decreasing the time to process and adjustments.
Human Resources System (HRS) – Centralized repository of employee information including work history, payroll, training, and contact information.
KB (Knowledge Base) – articles designed to guide the user through the process as outlines.
MyUW portal – This portal is for employees to access personal employment information including payroll, mandatory training, benefit information, etc. Employees can access the MyUW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/ .
FAASLI – Faculty, Academic Staff and Limited Appointments
- UW System Administrative Policy 215 Payment Methods and Timing for Payroll
- UW System Administrative Policy 1270 Optional General Payroll Deductions
- UWEC Direct Deposit Wages and FAQ
- Leave Reporting
- Monthly Leave Reports and No Leve Taken
- View Absence Balances Monthly
- Cancel/Edit Absence Monthly
- Time FAASLI Enter No Leave Taken
- Update Federal and/or State W4 Tip Sheet
- Edit or Delete Direct Deposit Tip Sheet
- KB 15612 - Entering Timesheet Adjustments
- KB 15567 – Reviewing and Approving Time and Absence Exceptions in HRS
- KB 18370 – Viewing the Payable Time Detail Page in HRS
[Refer to the Table of Approval Authorities]
Date for next review:
[The practice directive and procedure review should be scheduled 3 years from the approval date]
Description of changes
Title of Procedure Author
Human Resources Coordinator/Jeannine Buch/715-836-5389 email@example.com
Human Resources Specialist/Karen Callaway/715-836-4202 firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll, time sheet, W-4, direct deposit, absence, FAASLI, time adjustment, approving time, payable time, leave reports, absence exceptions