Skip to main content
Important COVID-19 updates   READ MORE »

Policies: Student Loan Forgiveness

Last updated

If you are employed by a government or not-for-profit organization, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.

To request loan forgiveness:

  1. Employees will need to complete the UW Service Center request form at this link:
  2. Then complete only sections 1 and sections 2 of the PSLF form. The service center will complete sections 3 and 4.
  3. Fax both forms to Amy Bayer at the UW Service Center 608-890-2327.

Loan Forgiveness information link:

Was this article helpful? Yes No

View / Print PDF