Office 365: Using the New OneDrive Sync Client
On a Windows Computer
- Go to your OneDrive (https://onedrive.uwec.edu).
- Click the Sync button.
- Click Get the new OneDrive in the box that pops up.
- Run the file that is downloaded.
- Enter your UWEC email address in the box that pops up.
- Click Work or school when prompted with the option.
- Sign in with your UWEC username and password when prompted.
NOTE: If you are on your work computer you will be automatically signed in.
- Click Next.
- At this point you may decide which folders you would like to sync to your desktop. For example, if you had a folder that had a large amount of data you may want to keep those files online only.
- Click Next once you are done.
- Click Open my OneDrive - UW-Eau Claire folder and confirm that everything has worked.
On a Macintosh
- Open up the App Store.
NOTE: If your work computer does not have access to the app store contact the helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Search for and find the OneDrive app.
- Click Get.
- Click Install.
- Once installed, click Open in the app store or search for OneDrive using spotlight.
- Sign in using your UWEC username and password in the dialog box that pops up.
NOTE: If you are on your work computer on the campus network you will be auto signed in.
- Click the OneDrive icon in the top bar.
- Click Open OneDrive Folder to go to your OneDrive folder.
- To make certain your documents remain synced, click the OneDrive icon in the top bar and then select Preferences...
- In the preferences pane, check the option Open at login.