Kaltura "My Media" is a video and audio streaming service, similar to YouTube, located within Canvas. Anyone at UWEC can use Kaltura, even if you are not creating or sharing a video for a specific class. Videos are only accessible by the creator unless shared via URL or within a Canvas course.
Instructions & More Information
- How to upload and share videos with Kaltura
- Kaltura app for mobile devices
- Tips for student-created videos - Kaltura vs Canvas
- Kaltura/YouTube integration
- Interactive video quizzing
- Kaltura video transition from D2L
Record with Kaltura
Record Yourself Speaking
- Kaltura has a new Webcam Recorder option under Add New. No download needed! Here are Webcam Recorder instructions from UW-Madison.
- Canvas has a similar feature, except it only stores the video in Canvas (instructions for students / instructions for instructors). This often works well for student video introductions or other quick recordings that would not be reused. It can take a long time to process, so if your video is more than a few minutes long you may want to use the Kaltura Webcam Recorder instead.
Record Computer Screen
- Kaltura Capture: This is Kaltura's new recording tool. More information: Install KalturaCapture - Windows & Mac / Record with KalturaCapture.
Record PowerPoint with Audio
- It is usually best to record the audio within PPT's Record Slideshow feature, then export it as an mp4 since PPT records audio per slide, making it easy to re-record a slide if you make a mistake. This works well on both Windows and Mac. Here are instructions.