KalturaCapture is the new recording tool from Kaltura. We previously used CaptureSpace Lite with the D2L Kaltura. CaptureSpace Lite (legacy) is also available in Canvas; if you experience problems with KalturaCapture or cannot install it, you can also use CaptureSpace Lite until it is discontinued by Kaltura in summer of June 2019.
- Login to Canvas
- Click Account in the global navigation on the left.
- Select My Media
- If this is your first time using Kaltura within Canvas, you will need to click Authorize
- Click Add New on the top right
- Choose KalturaCapture
- Select Download for Windows
- Double click the downloaded file to start the installation process (varies by browser – in Google Chrome, the downloaded file will be in the bottom left side of your browser window)
- The application will walk you through an installation process. Click Next to proceed through the steps
TIP: Consider changing the recordings folder to a location more easily accessible in case you want to access or delete the files. On a UWEC computer, you can remove the information in the path after your username and just type in “desktop” as in the screenshot below
NOTE: After the program is installed, nothing happens. To start recording, repeat steps 2-5 above and the program will launch. You may have to allow it to open.
View the Record with KalturaCapture Instructions for tips on recording effectively. The tool is still in development and some aspects are not intuitive yet. If you experience problems, it may be easiest to use CaptureSpace Lite (legacy) instead.
KalturaCapture requires administrative privileges to install on a Mac, but it is available to install via Self Service. Here are instructions on using Self Service.
Instructions for non-UWEC computers are in progress and will be added soon.