This article describes how to change ownership of a media. Individual media owners or members of a Kaltura group can change the media ownership (for example, the original owner is leaving the organization and someone needs to take ownership of the media).
- Once you change the owner to anyone other than yourself, you will not be able to edit the media and it will no longer appear in your “My Media” list.
- If you would like the video to remain in your My Media, you can add yourself as a co-editor, co-publisher or co-viewer.
- Media owners are the administrators of the video and are credited with the media, which is not necessarily the copyright owner of the content.
To change the ownership of a media, please do the following:
- Go into My Media and find the video of your choosing. Select the edit icon (pencil) to get to the editing features or select the title of the video, and under the Actions button, select edit.
- From the editing button, click on the Collaboration tab. It should be noted that under the Details tab, you can rename your video and change or delete video tags. Be sure to hit save if you make any changes.
- Under the Collaboration tab, select the “Change media owner” button.
- In the Change Media Owner popup, type in the name of the person you would like to have as owner of the media and click save.
To transfer course media to a personal My Media account
The University of Wisconsin System has deployed custom "Course Media" and "Course Media Settings" tools to the Digital Learning Environment's Instructional instance of Canvas. These tools allow instructors to manage Blackboard Collaborate Ultra recordings made within Canvas and exported automatically to Kaltura. Please the DLE's Course Media and Course Media Settings and Media Management Process guides for explanations of what Course Media is and how videos typically get there.
If you find yourself needing to transfer course media files to your My Media account, please use the following UW System KnowledgeBase article--Kaltura - Transferring Course Media to Personal My Media. If there are questions about the process or how to complete the transferring of media, please place a ticket into the UWEC Help Desk.