How to Submit an Exam Request for the Test Center
When notifying instructors of accommodations with Faculty Notification Letters, instructors are sent a link to fill out a form in AIM called a Testing Agreement, through which instructors outline their exam materials and parameters for the semester. After they fill that out for any student in their class who sends them an FNL, you can schedule exams.
Note: Please schedule your exams two business days in advance for Test Center scheduling purposes. Consider meeting with your instructor to discuss whether they’d like you to schedule all your exams in advance.
The Test Center is located on the fifth floor of McIntyre Library, room 5029.
- Log in to the Student Portal.
- On the left side menu under My Accommodations, select Alternative Testing.
- From the Select Class dropdown menu, select the specific course.
- Click Schedule an Exam.
- Note: If your course isn’t there, your instructor hasn’t completed the Testing Agreement yet and you can’t schedule an exam until they do. Please contact your instructor or the Test Center at SSD60@uwec.edu for assistance.
- Select the exam request type (quiz, exam three, final, make-up test, etc., it will be based on what your instructor has provided) from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the date and time for your exam.
- Note: The duration (standard time) will be provided and verified in the Instructor’s Testing Agreement. There is no need to fill this out.
- Click Add Exam Request to submit exam scheduling request for review.
- You’ll receive an email that you’ve scheduled your exam and your instructor will receive an email notification as well.
- Test Center staff will look over the details and approve the request and you’ll receive a final confirmation email, or a request to reschedule, etc., if your instructor disputes the details of the exam. If you need to reschedule and the time is known, you’ll receive an email with a link to automatically confirm the new time.