Overview of the Collection
Special Collections & Archives
University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
P.O. Box 4004
105 Garfield Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54702 – 4004
Reference Code: USGZE AS544
Accession Number: 99-45, 00-07, 06-14
Collection Number: Archives Series 544
Creators: Alpha Phi Omega Eta Lambda Chapter (University of Wisconsin--Eau Claire)
Title: Alpha Phi Omega Eta Lambda Chapter (University of Wisconsin--Eau Claire) Records
Dates: 1949 – 2011, bulk 1949-2000
Quantity: 5.5 linear feet (2 records cartons, 1 flat box, 1 unboxed scrapbook)
Location of collection: E5/4d, A4/3g, A4/1h
Languages: Collection materials are in English
Summary: Records and scrapbooks of a service fraternity
Biographical / Historical Note
Alpha Phi Omega, a national coeducational service fraternity, was founded in Easton, Pennsylvania in 1925. The Eta Lambda Chapter was established at Eau Claire State Teachers College in 1949. The chapter engages in service activities to support organizations such as the American Red Cross, the Special Olympics, the Salvation Army, and the campus health center. The chapter also organizes dances, parties, and other social events.
Records include membership lists, meeting minutes, newsletters, and scrapbooks.
Acquisition Information: Transferred to the University Archives by Activities & Programs.
Access Restrictions: Collection is open to the public.
Use Restrictions: Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. Copyright owned by the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire.
Preferred Citation: Alpha Phi Omega Eta Lambda Chapter (University of Wisconsin--Eau Claire) Records, 1949-2011. AS544. Special Collections & Archives. McIntyre Library. University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Eau Claire, WI.
Processing Note: Processed by Colleen McFarland in November 2007.
Corporate Names: Alpha Phi Omega. Eta Lambda Chapter (University of Wisconsin--Eau Claire)
Subject Terms: Greek letter societies -- Wisconsin -- Eau Claire
Detailed List of Contents
50th Anniversary Materials
1949-1979, 1983, 1988, 1995
Sixtieth Anniversary Certificate
Awards/Recognitions of Support
1985, 1989, 1993-1995