Overview of the Collection
Special Collections & Archives
University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
P.O. Box 4004
105 Garfield Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54702 – 4004
Reference Code: USGZE UHC230
Accession Number: 89-232
Collection Number: University Historical Collection 230
Creators: YMCA (Eau Claire, Wis.)
Title: YMCA (Eau Claire, Wis.) Board of Directors Roster, 18811982
Quantity: 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Location of Collection: A10/ 1c
Languages: Collection materials are in English
Summary: The board of director roster provides an alphabetical list of members, years served, and additional offices held within the Eau Claire, Wis. YMCA.
Biographical / Historical Note
The Eau Claire YMCA was first organized in September 1881. First located on the second floor of 112 Kelsey (now East Grand Avenue), the YMCA was housed in rooms above the post office from 1883 to 1895. In 1912, a new YMCA building was constructed at the corner of Farwell and Gibson Streets. The fundraising campaign for the building centered on the need to provide better recreational and sleeping accommodations for “Clan Gordon,” a local group of boys. In the 1950s, the YMCA moved to its present location on Graham Avenue.
The board of director roster provides an alphabetical list of members, years served, and additional offices held within the Eau Claire, Wis. YMCA.
Acquisition Information: Donated to Special Collections & Archives in May 1989.
Access Restrictions: Collection is open to the public.
Use Restrictions: Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. Copyright not owned by the University of Wisconsin--Eau Claire.
Preferred Citation: YMCA (Eau Claire, Wis.) Board of Directors Roster, 1881-1982. UHC230. Special Collections & Archives. McIntyre Library. University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. Eau Claire, WI.
Processing Note: Processed by Colleen McFarland in June 2008.
Arrangement: Single item.
Corporate Names: YMCA (Eau Claire, Wis.) – History