Signage on the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire campus is regulated by Facilities. This policy specifically refers to the temporary placement of lawn signs.
ENTITIES PERMITTED TO POST LAWN SIGNS
- Campus Offices or Departments
- Officially Recognized Student Organizations
- Candidates for Student Senate or Homecoming Court
- All non‐University entities are prohibited from posting lawn signs.
- The name and contact information of the student organization, campus office/department, or student candidate must be included and visible on all signs.
- Promotion of campus events
- Promotion of candidates for Student Senate or Homecoming Court
- Promotion of a specific event that is of interest to a student organization (ex.: national elections, Earth Day)
SIZE, NUMBER, & LOCATION
- Sign panels may be no larger than 24 inches by 24 inches, may contain content on both sides, and must be placed on eight or nine gauge plastic or wire stands.
- Signs may not be placed in on trees, flower beds, next to fire hydrants, or impede the flow of traffic. All signs must be placed at least three (3) feet apart and at least three feet from the edge of sidewalks.
- Signs may be displayed only approved locations shown on the attached campus map.
- Up to 10 signs are permitted per event per student organization or campus office/department.
- Candidates for Student Senate or Homecoming Court may display up to 10 signs to advertise his/her candidacy for election.
TIMING OF PLACEMENT AND REMOVAL
- Signs may not be placed more than 4 weeks prior to the event/election and must be removed within 24 hours after the event/election.
- Signs may be placed after 10:00 AM on Mondays and must be removed by 6:00 PM on Thursdays. Signs may also be placed after 8:00 AM on Saturdays and must be removed by 6:00 PM on Sundays.
NOTE: Lawn maintenance in the approved posting areas will be conducted Mondays mornings and on Fridays.
- If weather conditions destroy or damage a sign, the sponsoring organization or campus office/department must remove it.
- Signs placed in compliance with this policy cannot be removed or relocated without prior permission of the sign sponsor.
- Signs violating this policy may be removed and/or destroyed without notice.
- Student organizations violating this policy may be referred to the Student Organizations Commission for disciplinary action.
- Individual students violating this policy may be referred to the Dean of Students Office.
- Other violations of this policy may be referred to the Assistant Chancellor for Facilities and University Relations.