Title: Eau Claire Technical Society Records
Inclusive Dates: 1946-1970
Creator: Eau Claire Technical Society
Call Number: Eau Claire Mss CX
Quantity: 0.6 c.f. (2 archives boxes)
Repository: Housed at the Area Research Center, William D. McIntyre Library, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire; owned by the Wisconsin Historical Society, Library-Archives Division.
Archival Locations: UW-Eau Claire McIntyre Library / Eau Claire Area Research Ctr.
Abstract: Records of the Eau Claire Technical Society which was founded in 1946 as the Northwest Wisconsin Engineers but in 1952 changed its name to incorporate other related technical fields into the organization. The Society invited guest speakers or conducted tours of various manufacturing facilities during their monthly meetings. They also awarded a scholarship, beginning in 1956, to a University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire incoming freshman majoring in engineering. The records consist of minutes, membership lists, correspondence, and amended constitutions.
Acquisition Information: Presented by J. Gerard Anderson, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, 1994. Accession Number: M2006-102
Search Terms/Subject Terms
- Men—Wisconsin—Eau Claire—Societies and clubs
- Eau Claire (Wis.)
- Northwest Wisconsin Engineers
|Constitution and By-laws, 1965|
|Committees, Officers, and Membership lists|
|1954-1956 (H.E. Yarrington, Secretary)|
|1956-1957 (N.W. Gehlhar, Secretary)|
Folder 11- 12
|1957-1959 (F.J. Kripps, Secretary)|
Folder 13- 18
|Record of Proceedings, 1963-1965|
|Scholarship fund, Certificates and history|
|Scholarship fund record, 1956-1967|