LTS staff members work with faculty, staff, department chairs, deans, Facilities Planning and Management, and the Registrar when designing instructional spaces to meet teaching and learning needs.
Classroom design includes analyzing the space for effective utilization, designing the placement of the room's instructional technology and planning the "behind the scenes" remodeling and/or networking to assure that the room is not only well equipped but also has proper lighting and circuitry. Often, decisions regarding floor and wall coverings and furniture are fashioned to enhance the classroom's acoustical and ergonomic environment.
Classroom Planning and Modernization
- Upgrading instructional spaces with technology to meet faculty needs
- Assessing faculty and staff classroom needs
- Planning classroom technology changes
- Evaluating state-of-the-art classroom technology
- Purchasing and installing instructional technology equipment
For more information on the classroom design process, contact Kent Gerberich, Tech Support Services Manager.
The LTS Learning Spaces team, located in Schofield 108 and 110, provides support for the learning spaces around the campus. Basic services include the following:
- Providing emergency support for classroom technology: 836-5711
- Providing daily support and routine preventative maintenance: 836-5711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training faculty and students on classroom technology use
Contact the Help Desk at 836-5711 or email email@example.com
The LTS Learning Spaces team provides support for the learning spaces around the campus.
- Emergency support for classroom technology
- Daily or after hours support and routine preventative maintenance
- Greg Rineck – Schofield 108
- Jason Unseth – Schofield 110
- Rick Insteness - Schofield 110