This document focuses on web conferencing for teaching. Read the Comparison Chart to learn about the similarities and differences between Teams and Zoom.
Please contact Tiffany Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-2700) for an individual appointment to learn how to use Zoom.
Student and Educator Help
The Help Desk is the main point of contact for most situations when your technology is broken or not working as expected.
Teach with Zoom
- Zoom Account and Canvas Integration
- Installing Zoom KB Article
- Complete Zoom KB Article for other Zoom resources, UWEC images for virtual backgrounds, and a FAQ.
- Student Drop-in Hours
- Zoom HoverCam
- Student View PowerPoint slides to copy into your presentations
- Download Zoom Recordings
- Share Screen, Content, Whiteboard, or Second Camera
- Breakout Rooms
- Breakout Rooms Options (UWEC guide)
- Zoom Settings
- Virtual Background
- Cloud Recording to view online.
- Local Recording to save to your computer. Upload to Kaltura or OneDrive for long-term storage.
Communicate with Students
- Encourage students to install the Zoom Client to have full use of all of the Zoom features like polling, annotations, and virtual backgrounds.
- Refer to Student Zoom and Canvas Integration to join from Canvas and view recordings.
- Encourage students to login to Zoom with their UWEC credentials to help with attendance reporting, pre-set breakout rooms, and to add them as an alternative host.
- Refer to Zoom Account and Schedule Sessions - Students for instructions to create their own sessions.