This document focuses on web conferencing for teaching.
Read the Comparison Chart to learn about the similarities and differences between Teams and Zoom.
Teach with Zoom
- Zoom Account and Canvas Integration
- Installing Zoom KB Article
- Complete Zoom KB Article for other Zoom resources, UWEC images for virtual backgrounds, and a FAQ.
- Student Drop-in Hours
- Zoom HoverCam
- Student View PowerPoint slides to copy into your presentations
- Download Zoom Recordings
- Share Screen, Content, Whiteboard, or Second Camera
- Breakout Rooms
- Breakout Rooms Options (UWEC guide)
- Zoom Settings
- Virtual Background
- Cloud Recording to view online.
- Local Recording to save to your computer. Upload to Kaltura or OneDrive for long-term storage.
Communicate with Students
- Encourage students to install the Zoom Client to have full use of all of the Zoom features like polling, annotations, and virtual backgrounds.
- Refer to Student Zoom and Canvas Integration to join from Canvas and view recordings.
- Encourage students to login to Zoom with their UWEC credentials to help with attendance reporting, pre-set breakout rooms, and to add them as an alternative host.
- Refer to Zoom Account and Schedule Sessions - Students for instructions to create their own sessions.