Canvas is a digital learning system that is easy to use, reliable, and mobile-friendly. Educators are encouraged to use Canvas to enhance face-to-face instruction or teach courses totally online. Canvas allows access to the following:
- Course-related files.
- Electronic assignments and discussions.
- Online quizzes and tests.
- And much more!
UWEC Educator Support
Please contact Tiffany Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-2700) for an individual appointment.
- Tiffany is the main contact for Canvas assistance for new or experienced educators to use Canvas more efficiently.
- Learn how to use all the tools and options of Canvas and various time-savers.
- Get help with content, grades, course management, assessment, communication, and collaboration options in Canvas.
- Tiffany is experienced teaching in a variety of higher education formats.
During non-business hours, you can also contact Canvas Help. We have 24/7/365 Tier I Support. Use the Help button in Canvas to do the following:
- Search the Canvas guides.
- Chat with or call a representative.
UWEC Guides and Resources
We have many online guides and videos if you’d like to learn independently.
Canvas for Educators
We created a course with guides, videos, and other information in the areas you need most. Use the Self-Enroll link if you are not enrolled in the Canvas for Educators course.
Below is a list of some commonly-used guides we’ve created for you. They are also located in the Canvas for Educators course.
- Add/Adjust Course Dates
- Add YouTube and TED-Ed Links
- Canvas Commons
- Combine (Cross-List) Course Sections
- Copy Course Content and Publish Course
- Create Assignments
- Grade Settings
- Import LTS Scanned Quiz Scores
- Module and Page Requirements (Checklist)
- Quiz Moderation Settings
- Quiz or Test Import Options
- Student View of SpeedGrader Annotations
- Submit Grades to CampS
- Teach with Turnitin
UWEC Student Canvas Support
We have several options for helping students. Educators are encouraged to share the following information with students.
Refer to the Canvas Collaboration Troubleshooting guide if you are having difficulty with this Microsoft Office 365 integration with Canvas.
LTS Help Desk
Contact the help desk if you cannot log in to Canvas. For other help, use one of the options below.
- VLL 1106
Students can get help navigating and using Canvas. Contact them for a one-on-one appointment:
Bluprint Course for Students
All students should be enrolled in the Bluprint for a Blugold: Resources for Student Success course. It contains information about help with technology, academics, advising, mental health, and more! Use the Self-Enroll link if you are not already enrolled in the course.
Student Canvas Help
Students can also contact Canvas Help. We have 24/7/365 Tier I Support. Use the Help button in Canvas to do the following:
- Search the Canvas guides.
- Chat with a representative.
- Call Student Support at 1-833-811-3209.