NOTE: if you are looking to activate or deactivate an already created item click here.
This article is for editing the Events tab in the Stories app in Athena.
- Type in the name of the event.
- Set the start date of the event (e.g. mm/dd/yyyy or 02/04/2015).
- Set the end date of the event (e.g. mm/dd/yyyy or 02/04/2015).
- Set the start time of the event (e.g. --:-- -- or 01:30 PM).
- Set the end time of the event (e.g. --:-- -- or 01:30 PM).
- Add the location of the event.
- Add notes for the event if applicable (i.e. Admission prices, what to bring, where to park, etc.).
- Add a Google Map location URL to provide potential visitors with a map and turn-by-turn directions (e.g. The URL for Davies Center: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Davies+Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org,-91.5032301,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x87f8bda273aeda49:0x4766719c117d8afa).
NOTE: Learn how to find the coordinates of a place using Google Maps.
- Add a URL for a custom button for this event (i.e.venue website, event website like JazzFest, etc.). This field works in tandem with the Link Text field.
- Add link text if applicable (e.g. "Visit JazzFest's Site", etc.). This field works in tandem with the URL field.
- Add a tickets URL where visitors can go to purchase tickets online.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Saving changes in the Events tab will apply changes directly to the story. No draft will be created.
- Return to the Content tab and click Save and Publish to set this story to live.
NOTE: If the story's publication date is in the future, the story won't display in public listings until the publication date is reached.