UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Faculty/Instructional
- Official Title: Assistant Professor
- Job ID: #Mathjobs.org
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Mathematics: Assistant Professor
NOTE: Apply through MathJobs.org/jobs/list/17998. Do not use the 'Apply Here' button on the website.
A tenure-track faculty position at the rank of assistant professor is available in the Department of Mathematics in the College of Arts and Sciences. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. This appointment carries an initial two-year probationary appointment beginning with the 2022/2023 academic year, on August 22, 2022.
Earned doctorate in the area of actuarial science, finance, risk management, mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, data science, or related field required by August 22, 2022. In lieu of such a doctorate, fellowship in the Society of Actuaries or in the Casualty Actuarial Society will be considered. The successful applicant will
- exhibit potential for teaching excellence at the undergraduate level.
- demonstrate ability to teach actuarial science and statistics courses taken by actuarial science majors and other mathematics courses, such as elementary statistics, taken primarily by nonmajors.
- exhibit potential to establish a publication record in actuarial science research journals recognized by professional actuarial societies.
- possess a commitment to equity and inclusiveness in teaching.
Preference will be given to candidates with an established track record of publication in journals recognized in the criteria for designation as a Center of Actuarial Excellence. The Department is especially interested in applicants who bring diverse perspectives to the University, and those who may be especially effective in mentoring and advising students who are members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in the discipline.
A complete application consists of the following material submitted to mathjobs.org:
- a cover letter describing interest in the position
- three letters of recommendations, at least one that addresses potential for quality teaching
- a teaching statement
- a research statement addressing potential to establish a publication record in actuarial science research journals recognized by professional actuarial societies
Screening will begin November 1, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).