UW-Eau Claire – Barron County Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Custodian
- Job ID: #20159
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Barron County Facilities: Custodian
POSITION: A full-time university staff position is available in Barron County Facilities beginning October 2023. The official title for this assignment is Custodian. This is an expected-to-continue assignment which requires a six-month probationary period. The expected hourly hiring salary will be based on qualifications and experience. The starting salary rate will be $16.00/hr.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, understand, and perform SOPs and WI including, but not limited to understanding cleaning products, their intended application and use
- Adherence to UW System, campus and departmental work rules
- Basic computer skills to complete on-line forms, access communications and information, and review and respond to emails (Outlook)
- Ability to:
- read and understand cleaning procedures, cleaning practices, written work instructions (WI) and written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- stand and walk throughout an 8-hour shift
- work independently and within a team setting
- lift, push or pull 40 to 75 pounds
- perform overhead work
- climb ladders
- effectively communicate using a hand-held radio
- receive and provided feedback in a positive constructive, collaborative manor
- Previous industry cleaning knowledge and experience in a team cleaning environment using custodial equipment
- Advanced knowledge of floor care practices, both carpet and hard floors
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
- Effectively perform and meet cleaning and maintenance expectations in assigned areas as defined by the SOPs, WI, Blugold standards, customer feedback, team member feedback, supervisor/team leader feedback, and operational instructions.
- Maintenance of all equipment in a clean and working order and custodial spaces in an organized condition, with appropriate product stock
- Work collaboratively and responsively with campus customers, team members and supervisors
- Act as a safety champion by insuring all activities performed on campus are done in accordance with Campus policies, safety practices including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and SOPs.
- Other duties as may be assigned
THE UNIT: The unit of Barron County Facilities consists of 5 staff members
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire promotes diversity and inclusiveness, stewardship and sustainability, leadership and innovation. UW-Eau Claire is consistently rated as one of the top public regional universities in the Midwest and enjoys a national reputation for excellence in liberal education, faculty-undergraduate research, and study abroad. The Barron County campus, located in Rice Lake, Wisconsin, serves as a branch campus of UW-Eau Claire, and contributes to these distinctions through its commitment to teaching, interdisciplinarity, and access for first- and second-year students.
Located in the heart of beautiful Northwest Wisconsin, Rice Lake has a population of just under 10,000 and represents the commercial center for Barron County. Rice Lake and the surrounding countryside feature scenic rivers, lakes, parks, and bike trails, and a vibrant arts community. Eau Claire, located 50 miles south of Rice Lake, is the home of the main campus of UW-Eau Claire and to major retail, cultural, and health care organizations for the region. Rice Lake is also approximately 90 miles from Minneapolis-St. Paul, which additionally offers world-class theater, symphony and chamber orchestras, opera, and major league sports.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Barron County Facilities Custodian position (Job ID #20159) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to: Turekaj@uwec.edu
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by October 5, 2023. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.