UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Administrative
- Official Title: Administrative Scheduling
- Job ID: #20048
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Blugold Central: Administrative Specialist-Scheduling
POSITION: A professional academic staff position is available in Blugold Central - Registration and Records beginning 10/2/2023. The working title for the assignments is Administrative Specialist - Scheduling with an official title in the Administrative Specialist title series. This is a renewable assignment. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent experience. Experience in utilizing technology and the use of software packages with an understanding of database structures. Ability to meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive information. Excellent written and oral communication skills with knowledge of general office procedures and customer service. Ability to work effectively within a team-oriented environment. Ability to perform work requiring strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with a high level of accuracy. Intermediate skill level Microsoft 365 suite, specifically Outlook and Excel. Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusiveness and ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences. Proven understanding of confidentiality requirements.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of academic credit policies and practices, student records, scheduling, and student information system. Advanced understanding of academic structure and programs, academic requirements, policies, and procedures. Advanced skill level Microsoft 365 suite, specifically Outlook and Excel. Integrated technological system management experience (process flow, data management, access, problem solving, record retention). 3 years of experience in a role with record keeping, scheduling or data management responsibilities requiring use of a database management system.
- Provide technical and functional support, including negotiating and resolving conflicts, utilizing discretionary judgement, conducting background research to resolve complex problems, anticipates impact of changes and understands systematic implications of decisions as they relate to the course schedule and academic records.
- Utilizes expert technical knowledge of vendor software and the student information system, modules, and reporting functions to troubleshoot and resolve software operating system issues.
- Conducts, analyzes, and interprets audit reports to ensure scheduling and records processes sustain data integrity and apply controls to safeguard accuracy of data.
- Serves as an information resource for students, staff, faculty and alumni with questions or problems.
- Acts in alignment with Blugold Central customer service standards, appreciating the relationship between reliable and accurate work done in a customer-service focused manner and the Universitys recruitment and retention efforts.
- Enforces policies to determine appropriate response to requests, acting as liaison between Blugold Central and other campus constituents.
- Safeguards institutional compliance and security.
- Provides continuous process improvement ideas.
- Serves as functional liaison for third-party software solutions including testing, managing updates, implementation, and integration with other software solutions.
- Cross training and supporting other staff in the unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE UNIT: The unit of Blugold Central - Registration and Records consists of 11 staff members.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. To learn more about UWEC, visit https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Blugold Central: Admin Specialist-Scheduling position (Job ID # 20048) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita/Resume
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to: Erin Olson; firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by September 13, 2023. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.