UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Administrative
- Official Title: Administrative Assistant II
- Job ID: #20016
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Advising, Retention and Career Center: Front Desk Associate
POSITION: A full-time, university staff position is available in the Advising, Retention + Career Center. The official title is Administrative Assistant II with a working title of Front Desk Associate. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- High school diploma
- Demonstrated customer service experience and professionalism
- Detail orientation, strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate with diverse groups of people
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, applying judgment and logic, while demonstrating motivation and interest
- Recent work experience in an office setting
- Use of Microsoft Excel in a recent work or educational experience
- Experience with student information systems and/or customer relationship management software
DUTIES: The mission of the Advising, Retention and Career Center is to empower students in their academic and professional goals. This position provides administrative support to the Center, assisting with a variety of duties. The ability to manage multiple priorities with a keen sense of customer service is essential for success in this position. This position reports to the director of the Advising, Retention and Career Center.
Front Desk Staffing:
- Answer phone calls and emails from students, parents, faculty and staff, guiding them to the correct resource, making referrals to appropriate campus offices as needed
- Greet students checking in for appointments, offering exceptional student-centered service
- Utilize web scheduling programs to accurately schedule and update appointments for advisors, career counselors, student interns and service-learning coordinator, and assist students with check-in process
- Provide information to students as requested
Academic Testing Support:
- Assist in the facilitation, follow-up and delivery of academic testing and placement scores (Regional Placement, ACT, GRE and others as applicable)
- Facilitate changing majors and advisor assignments in CampS for students
- Maintain and update various databases and tracking systems
- Coordinate changes/updates on the drop-in coverage schedule
- Give consent to register for students to enroll in Gen 100 and 250 courses
- Assist with requesting parking permits and room reservations as needed
- Provide support to departmental programs and initiatives as needed
- Inventory and order office supplies as needed
- Support departmental hiring processes and administrative follow-up
- Process printing orders as necessary
- Handle departmental billing as needed
- Other duties as assigned
THE UNIT: The Advising, Retention and Career Center consists of 40+ staff members dedicated to effective campus- wide academic and career advising practices and initiatives. The center consists of Academic Advising, Career Services, Academic Testing, and Orientation Programs. Our staff partner with faculty advisors from the four colleges to provide our students with a holistic advising approach.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. To learn more about UWEC, visit https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Advising, Retention + Career Center: Front Desk Associate position (Job ID # 20016) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to: Staci Heidtke firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by September 18, 2023. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).