UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Administrative
- Official Title: Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator II
- Job ID: #19932
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Admissions: Transfer Admissions Counselor
POSITION: A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in the Office of Admissions beginning August 14, 2023. The working title for this assignment is Transfer Admissions Counselor with an official title of Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator II. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance and funding. The expected salary is $43,000 - $47,000 and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Dedication to service excellence for students, University administrators, faculty, and others
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively on initiatives
- Experience with recruitment and outreach activities, preferably in a higher education setting
- Commitment to equity and inclusiveness
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and recruitment software
- Ability to analyze, make decisions, and solve problems effectively
- Advise prospective transfer and re-entry students in on-campus and virtual appointments and through phone and email correspondence.
- Attend transfer recruitment events/fairs on and off campus.
- Create transfer plans for denied/inadmissible students.
- Review admitted transfer students for scholarship consideration.
- Create and implement a transfer recruitment plan in collaboration with Assistant Director of Admissions.
- Assist with first-year student recruitment, including rotation in the Counselor of Service (COS) and Counselor of Presentation (COP) roles.
- Work with partner institutions and campus departments to assist with the development of transfer guides and articulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Admissions and Enrollment Management leadership.
- By definition of this position, persons in this position are considered a campus security authority (CSA) to whom individuals may report certain crimes occurring within UWEC on-campus and off-campus property.
THE UNIT: The Office of Admissions consists of 22 staff members. Admissions works collaboratively across campus to recruit prospective undergraduate students and processes all applications and documents for undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree students for both UW-Eau Claire and UW-Eau Claire - Barron County.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. To learn more about UWEC, visit https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Admissions: Transfer Admissions Coordinator position (Job ID # 19932) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or curriculum vita
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to: Isabel Walters; email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by August 6, 2023. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).