Admissions: Regional Admissions Counselor-Twin Cities
UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Admissions & Recruitment Coordinator II
- Job ID: #19719
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Admissions: Regional Admissions Counselor-Twin Cities
POSITION: A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in the Office of Admissions beginning Summer 2023. The working title for this assignment is Regional Admissions Counselor – Twin Cities Metro Region with an official title of Admissions & Recruitment Coordinator II. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Renewal of this position is contingent upon performance and funding.
- Bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited institution
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusiveness; ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences together
- Ability to:
- Evaluate and make independent decisions
- Effectively solve problems and recommend process improvements
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Perform detail-oriented work
- Experience working in a higher education setting, preferably within Admissions or Enrollment Management
- Familiarity with student information systems, document imaging software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience planning events and outreach activities
- Prior knowledge of Twin Cities metro area
The Regional Admissions Counselor position will work remotely in the Twin Cities metro area while recruiting for UW-Eau Claire. Occasional travel to campus and areas outside of the Twin Cities may be required for training or large events.
- Represent UW-Eau Claire at high school visits, educational fairs, presentations, and other outreach events throughout the Twin Cities metro area and virtual outreach events.
- Contribute to the development of and implement recruitment efforts in Twin Cities area.
- Evaluate first-year applications with authority to decision.
- Outreach to applicants and counselors to advise of UW-System and campus policies as it pertains to application requirements.
- Explore, develop, and maintain new partnerships with school districts, pre-college groups, and community organizations to promote college readiness and UW-Eau Claire
- Maintain strong relationships with students, families, and school staff within assigned Twin Cities territory through regional travel, prompt communication, and other methods.
- Contribute to positive Admissions Office team environment through participation in weekly meetings, in-person attendance as needed at large on-campus events, and consistent communication with colleagues located on the UW-Eau Claire and UW-Eau Claire – Barron County campuses
- Work remotely to complete application follow-up, student outreach, event planning, and other duties related to recruitment and processing
- Other duties as assigned by Admissions and Enrollment Management Leadership
The Office of Admissions consists of 21 staff members. Admissions works collaboratively across campus to recruit prospective undergraduate students and processes all applications and documents for undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree students for both UW-Eau Claire and UW-Eau Claire – Barron County.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. To learn more about UWEC, visit https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Admissions: Regional Admissions Counselor-Twin Cities position (Job ID # 19719) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita or resume
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Angie Rankin, Assistant Director of Admissions; email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by May 30, 2023. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).