Admissions: First-Year Recruitment Manager
UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Administrative
- Official Title: Admissions & Recruitment Coordinator II
- Job ID: #19557
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Admissions: First-Year Recruitment Manager
POSITION: A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in The Office of Admissions beginning June 1, 2023. The working title for this assignment is First-Year Recruitment Manager with an official title in the Admissions & Recruitment Coordinator II title series. This position plays an important role in the Admissions Office as it provides leadership and oversight to first-year admissions counselors and recruitment activities. The selected candidate will join an experienced Admissions team and will play a major part in providing current information about UW-Eau Claire to prospective students, their parents, and to high school personnel. This is a renewable assignment. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusiveness
- Leadership, preferably direct supervision, of student or professional staff in an educational setting
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Previous professional experience (2+ years) in a higher education setting, preferably within Admissions or Enrollment Management
- Experience with event planning or coordination
- Demonstrated experience leading a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively on initiatives
- Supervise first-year admissions counselors, providing leadership and development through activities such as professional development and evaluation.
- Oversee and coordinate recruitment and outreach activities including recruitment travel, off-campus recruitment events, on-campus pre-college group visits and virtual webinars for various audiences.
- Collaborate with campus partners and Admissions Office staff on the recruitment and support of diverse student populations.
- Serve as member of the Admissions Office senior staff by providing leadership, guidance, and direction for the department, staff, and its functions.
- Work with prospective students, parents, and high school counseling staff in assigned territory, informing them of educational opportunities available at UWEC and advising them of the admission requirements and procedures.
- Represent the University at high school visits, educational fairs, college/career days/nights, and other outreach events throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- Lead on-campus presentations for prospective students and their parents.
- Other duties as assigned by senior leadership.
THE UNIT: The unit of Admissions consists of 21 staff members and is charged with undergraduate recruitment and the processing of applications for incoming domestic and international undergraduate, graduate, and non-degree-seeking students to UW-Eau Claire.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. To learn more about UWEC, visit https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/why-uwec/.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Admissions: First Year Recruitment Manager position (Job ID # 19557) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Isabel Walters; email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by May 10, 2023. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).