Admissions (Barron County): Admissions Counselor
UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus, UW-Eau Claire – Barron County Campus
Full Time, Administrative
- Official Title: Admissions & Recruitment Coordinator II
- Job ID: #19543
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Admissions (Barron County): Admissions Counselor
POSITION: A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in The Office of Admissions beginning June 1, 2023. The working title for this assignment is Admissions Counselor with an official title of Admissions & Recruitment Coordinator II. This position will be housed primarily at the UW-Eau Claire – Barron County campus with weekly travel to the Eau Claire campus. It will serve students in Northwest Wisconsin seeking opportunities at both the Barron County and Eau Claire campuses. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance and funding. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to meet deadlines, be flexible while managing multiple projects, and be detail-oriented
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusiveness
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, database software, recruitment technology, and analytical programs
- Experience with recruitment and outreach activities
- Demonstrated ability in planning and leading events and initiatives
- Previous experience and knowledge of the Northwest Wisconsin region
- Represent UW-Eau Claire and UW-Eau Claire – Barron County at high school visits, educational fairs, college/career days/nights, and other outreach events throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois; with a primary focus on the northwest and central regions of Wisconsin.
- Lead outreach activities such as tele-counseling, online chats, texting, instant messaging, and various social media channels for UW-Eau Claire – Barron County.
- Coordinate on and off campus events for UW-Eau Claire – Barron County for populations including prospective students, families, counselors, high school groups, and college access groups.
- Lead on-campus informational sessions for prospective students and their parents on the UW-Eau Claire and UW-Eau Claire – Barron County campuses.
- Conduct application follow up and on-going daily correspondence with prospective students and their families, high school counselors, and pre-college advisors; as well as utilizing a CRM (customer relationship management) system to manage communication.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with high school counselors and community partners to provide educational opportunities pertaining to college readiness and preparation.
- Collaborate with UW-Eau Claire – Barron County Campus Director to explore and identify opportunities for new partnerships with school districts, employers, and various stakeholders to create innovative strategies and educational opportunities designed to meet the needs of the central and northwest regions of Wisconsin.
- Other duties as assigned by UW-Eau Claire Admissions Office leadership or UW-Eau Claire – Barron County Campus Director.
THE UNIT: The Office of Admissions consists of 21 staff members and is charged with the recruitment and processing of incoming students on the UW-Eau Claire and UW-Eau Claire – Barron County campuses.
COMMUNITY: The Barron campus, located in Rice Lake, lies in the heart of beautiful Northwest Wisconsin, one hour north of the main Eau Claire campus. Rice Lake has a population of just under 10,000 and represents the commercial center for Barron County. Rice Lake and the surrounding countryside feature scenic rivers, lakes, parks, and bike trails.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. To learn more about UWEC, visit https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/why-uwec/.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Admissions: UWEC-Barron County Admissions Counselor position (Job ID #19543) then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Resume or Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Isabel Walters; email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by June 7, 2023. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).