Budget & Resource Planning: Budget Planner
UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Administrative
- Official Title: Budget Planner I
- Job ID: #19466
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Budget & Resource Planning: Budget Planner
POSITION: A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in Budget & Resource Planning beginning April 1, 2023. The working title for this assignment is Budget Planner with an official title of Budget Planner I. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance and funding. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Experience in financial analysis and modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, explain, and enforce regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a variety of constituents.
- Experience with Microsoft software (Excel, Word, SharePoint and Outlook).
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance or a business-related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing principles.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
- Acquire an understanding of the policies and guidelines of the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents, University of Wisconsin System Administration (UWSA), and University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
- Collaborate with the Budget Officer, senior administration, and division leadership to develop the annual General Purpose Revenue (GPR) and Program Revenue (PR) budgets.
- Direct and coordinate budget processes as assigned. Work with directors/deans/executive leadership to develop budgets. Provide guidance on budget submissions throughout the budget development process; including providing timelines, UW-System cost factor information, allocations, personnel information, and other pertinent information to assist in the development of individual area’s budgets. Work to resolve questions and/or concerns regarding the UWEau Claire annual budget submission.
- Input and reconcile GPR and PR budgets in PlanUW, the UWSA budget system. Prepare annual budget materials/schedules required by UW-System Budget Office and the Board of Regents.
- Work directly with multiple divisions and assist them in their efforts to provide accurate year-end balance projections. Collaborate with unit directors throughout the year to manage current operating budgets and develop plans to eliminate negative balances/maintain sufficient cash balances to ensure continued operations.
- Report on all cash balances to senior administrators. Work with unit directors and department managers to develop and document multi-year plans for PR accounts. Compile information required to prepare the annual UW-Eau Claire Fund Balance Report.
- Serve as a unit liaison to internal and external stakeholder groups presenting organizational information, business cases, disseminating status updates, and representing the interests of the unit. Build trust and consensus with university constituents including administrators, faculty and professional staff.
- Other ad hoc and miscellaneous duties as requested.
THE UNIT: The unit of Budget & Resource Planning consists of 3 staff members https://universityofwieauclaire.sharepoint.com/sites/BRP/Pages/default.aspx
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. To learn more about UWEC, visit https://www.uwec.edu/humanresources/employment-opportunities/why-uwec/ .
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau
Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Budget & Resource Planning: Budget Planner position (Job ID # 19466) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Dennis Boda, Budget Officer; firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by March 30, 2023. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).