Enrollment Management: Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management
UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Administrative
- Official Title: Vice Chancellor
- Job ID: #19433
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Enrollment Management: Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management
Visit our landing page for additional details: https://www.uwec.edu/about/chancellors-office/vice-chancellor-search/
POSITION: The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks a dynamic individual with proven leadership skills to guide strategic direction for all university enrollment management efforts. Reporting directly to the Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management will create, direct and assess an annual enrollment management plan, working collaboratively with divisions across the university. For this position, UW-Eau Claire is seeking candidates who have a passion for assuring student success, and a strong record of engaging institutions in meeting and exceeding recruitment, retention and graduation goals for undergraduate and graduate programs.
The Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management is a cabinet-level administrator, serving on the Chancellor’s executive leadership team and representing the University to the UW System. As a colleague and partner with the executive team, the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management works collaboratively across divisions to guide and advise the Chancellor and University leadership on all aspects of enrollment management.
The successful candidate will be an experienced higher education administrator, with the vision, energy, and interpersonal and leadership skills needed to engage the University in achieving ambitious goals. The successful candidate will have proven success in leading best-practice recruitment, financial aid, and retention efforts for public and/or private universities. Experience with recruitment of traditional undergraduate and transfer students is essential, as is experience growing and shaping enrollment of multicultural and high-ability students. Experience with non-traditional educational pathways for credit and non-credit credentialing is a plus. The Vice Chancellor should be skilled at hiring, motivating and developing staff, fostering teamwork and managing change. The Vice Chancellor will have:
- A passion for supporting student success.
- Expertise in data analysis and results-focused action.
- A high degree of skill in relationship-building and partnering.
- The ability to initiate and lead cross-divisional programs and projects.
- Experience budgeting for a complex organization and the ability to identify, diversify and expand revenue streams within a challenging public education environment.
- An understanding of higher education trends, regional and national demographics, academic program demand, and new and emerging markets.
- Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusivity demonstrated by leadership, active planning, allocation of resources, and accountability.
- An appreciation of UW-Eau Claire’s mission of academic excellence and inclusion, and an ability to communicate what makes the institution distinctive.
- Master's degree (or equivalent) or terminal degree from an accredited institution.
- Proven ability to improve student retention at a public or private university or college.
- Leadership in relevant professional and/or community organizations.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated success in developing, implementing, championing and meeting enrollment goals in a public or private college or university.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Minimum of five years of management experience in higher education or a related field, including supervisory and fiscal oversight.
- Lead an Enrollment Management team that will guide all facets of the university’s enrollment, in support of university goals. The division of Enrollment Management comprises approximately 160 employees, with a budget of almost $34 million.
- Oversee the following units:
- Advising, Retention and Career Center
- Blugold Central, a one-stop student support center that includes:
- Financial Aid
- Records and Registration
- Continuing Education
- Small Business Development Center
- Transit and Parking Services
- Recreation and Sport Operations
- Housing and Residence Life
- Co-curricular operations of the UWEC-Barron County branch campus
- Collaborate with all divisions to support exceptional learning experiences for all students, from their initial college search to graduation.
- Foster and grow collegial partnerships to engage faculty and staff in recruitment, retention and scholarship initiatives.
- Collaborate across divisions to recruit and retain a more diverse student body, in support of the university’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging.
- Work closely with Integrated Marketing and Communications, University Relations, Intercollegiate Athletics, Recreation and the UW-Eau Claire Foundation, Inc., in support of enrollment management goals.
Planning and Assessment
- Lead the campus in creating a dynamic, data-driven and effective annual enrollment management plan, in support of the university and EDI strategic plans.
- Work across divisions to implement the enrollment plan, setting and assessing goals, and providing strategic direction to the Chancellor.
- Implement best practices in recruitment, retention, financial aid and scholarship awards
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY:
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is a leader for academic excellence, undergraduate research and high-impact practices in the University of Wisconsin System. Consistently ranked among the top 10 public Midwestern universities, UW-Eau Claire is home to about 10,000 students, who are drawn to Wisconsin’s most beautiful campus. Innovation, collaboration, leadership, diversity and inclusion, and sustainable stewardship are core values at UW-Eau Claire. About 90% of students participate in at least one high-impact practice such as student-faculty research. UWEC students undertake more than 100,000 hours of community service each academic year.
The university has a branch UW-Eau Claire – Barron County campus in Rice Lake where students may earn associate’s degrees or begin their college careers before transferring to our main campus. UW-Eau Claire’s College of Nursing and Health Sciences offers a bachelor of science in nursing program at our Marshfield site to allow students to learn where they live while pursuing their BSN degree.
UW-Eau Claire has approximately 1,400 faculty and staff, with a faculty/student ratio of 1:19. Groundbreaking community partnerships in manufacturing, business, health care and the cultural arts produce myriad opportunities for faculty scholarship/creative activities and student internships. UW-Eau Claire is one of the only universities in the world to have a master collaborative research agreement with Mayo Clinic Health System.
Eau Claire is western Wisconsin’s largest city, home to nearly 70,000 residents who live, work and play in the area situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers. The Eau Claire metropolitan area of approximately 173,000 people is 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. Eau Claire is known for its beautiful parks and trails, small-town neighborhoods, excellent schools, vibrant arts scene, diverse local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities. UW-Eau Claire’s campus is within walking distance of two popular shopping districts that feature coffee shops, art galleries and live music venues.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, applications received by April 1, 2023 will receive priority consideration. Confidential discussions about this opportunity may be arranged by contacting Dr. Jeff Goodman, Search and Screen Committee Chair at, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are submitted electronically. Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/ . You must create an account and log in before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the “Click here to Register” link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your “User Name” and “Password” and select “Login”. Click the link to the Enrollment Management: Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management position (Job ID # 19433) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically.
Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita
- Names and contact information for five professional references
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).