UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Administrative
- Official Title: Coach
- Job ID: #19170
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Intercollegiate Athletics: Head Football Coach
POSITION: A full-time position is available in Intercollegiate Athletics beginning February 1, 2023. The working title for this assignment is Head Football Coach with an official title of Coach. The salary will be up to $100,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applicant Confidentiality: Applicant names will be kept confidential throughout the application and interview process. The identity of the successful candidate will only be released upon hire.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Demonstrated experience and success of all duties listed below.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Commitment to athletic excellence within an academic environment.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Prior college experience as an Offensive or Defensive Coordinator or Associate Head Coach.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusivity.
- A master’s degree.
- Head coaching experience.
- Direct and manage all Head Coach – Football duties within the guidelines of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) and NCAA Division III.
- Provide oversight of all recruiting and retention of qualified student-athletes consistent with the academic standards of the University.
- Provide oversight of annual budget which includes staff, travel, equipment, and supplies.
- Schedule all competitive and practice schedules with Director of Athletics approval.
- Responsible for all care and inventory of equipment for the program.
- Responsible for achievement in areas of retention, graduation rate, and leadership.
- Must promote a culture of NCAA compliance.
- Promote the sport with students, alumni, and members of the community.
- Promote revenue generation related to the program.
- Provide oversight of all hiring and supervision of assistant coaches with Director of Athletics approval.
- Participate in department fundraising and events.
- Participate in all major gift visits/asks when requested by Director of Athletics.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 10,000 students and 1,300 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Head Football Coach position (Job ID #19170) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Unofficial graduate or undergraduate school transcript
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Dan Schumacher, Director of Athletics email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by January 6, 2023. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).