UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Management and Marketing
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Department Assistant
- Job ID: #19155
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Management and Marketing: HCAD/CHAASE Events and Outreach Coordinator and Administrative Department Assistant
This position provides support for the College of Business academic departments; providing primary support for the Department of Management and Marketing, which houses the following majors: Business Administration, Health Care Administration (HCAD), Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Entrepreneurship, and International Business.
This position is the primary events and outreach coordinator for HCAD and CHAASE (Center for Health Care Administration and Aging Services Excellence). The position is also responsible for providing administrative assistance for the Management and Marketing department.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in business or Health Care Administration.
- Preferred experience in event planning, long-term care and/or health care experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
- Knowledge of or ability to learn commonly-used software applications (e.g. Qualtrics, WISER, ATHENA, BP Logic, TAMS, Data Warehouse, Blackbaud, CourseLeaf, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Commitment to working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated customer service skills and strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ability to plan and organize events.
- Ability to review and monitor budgets
- Ability to conduct tasks professionally and confidentially.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to learn new systems, software and processes quickly.
- Ability to handle time-sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to remain current with and implement university policies and procedures regarding purchasing, payroll, and travel.
60% HCAD/CHAASE Events and Outreach Coordinator Responsibilities
Administrative Support responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for ongoing initiatives of CHAASE and the HCAD program.
- Provide administrative support for all CHAASE advisory board and Director-related functions, along with other initiatives of the Center.
- Work with the Administrative Residency coordinator to reserve and schedule housing, transportation, etc. for the immersion experience.
- Provide support for planning and hosting the annual CHAASE Spring Banquet, the annual CHAASE Fall Forum, and other designated CHAASE events throughout each year (making reservations, ordering supplies needed, helping with printing services, track membership and emails that should go out, track responses and attendance, help with parking).
- Track and document program publicity that is occurring. Help to execute the plan put in place by the CHAASE director and students throughout the year.
- Keep record of public relations materials and communication mechanisms with providers, associations, NAB, students, and alumni affiliated with the Center and the HCAD program, keep record of memberships.
Monitor CHAASE and HCAD Budgets
- Track CHAASE funds, keep databases with alumni, track giving records. Keep record of proposals
- Monitoring CHAASE budgets and communicate with HCAD and CHAASE directors regarding student scholarships. Help put together list of scholarships as well as student eligibility sheet. Help assign scholarships working with HCAD Residency Coordinator.
- Process payment of invoices through accounts payable or the foundation office.
- Monitor the budget lines for CHAASE accounts.
- Prepare expenditure transfers between CHAASE account and gift account/foundation accounts.
Management and Supervision of Student Workers
- Provide support for students (put the student interns on pay-roll, answer questions they have about resources, help edit documents they develop.)
- Accept applications and coordinate selection to match needs of program.
- Monitor grant expenditures
- Prioritize, assign, and direct work of student interns to ensure fulfilling duties.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Work with other faculty and staff within the HCAD program, the Department of Management and Marketing, the College of Business, and the University, as needed (e.g., UWEC Foundation, Integrated Marketing and Communications, research staff, external consultants).
- Other CHAASE-related duties as assigned by the Department Chair of Management and Marketing.
40% Administrative Assistant for Management and Marketing Department
Basic Administrative Support for the Management and Marketing Department
- Independently manage incoming work orders from faculty members. Respond to questions, identify and resolve problems.
- Prioritize work orders to meet deadlines.
- Initiate and maintain correspondence as needed.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all department information
- Provide support for all staff on copy machine and Risograph.
- Answer questions for visitors, students and faculty; or direct to the appropriate department.
- Assist other ADAs with overflow work as assigned.
- Supervise and train students helping with office work – including general procedures and duplicating equipment.
Event Planning and Travel Coordination
- Make arrangements for advisory boards such as room reservations, refreshments, parking, etc.
- Put in reimbursement requests.
- Manage budgets for events. Put in requests for reimbursements for faculty.
- Work with student travel and student events.
- Help set up departmental events – panels, visitors, etc.
- Make reservations, put together programs, help send out notice of events occurring and provide communication to interested parties.
- Help maintain, edit, proof, and update department website.
- Help with faculty travel.
- Help schedule and arrange visits for applicants.
DEPARTMENT: The Department of Management and Marketing is a vibrant and cohesive group of teachers and scholars, dedicated to excellence in teaching and remaining current in their fields through scholarly activity. The department offers eight majors: Management, Marketing, Operations/Supply-chain Management, Human Resources, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, and International Business. Emphases within the Marketing major include General Marketing, Marketing Analytics, and Sales. The department serves over 1200 undergraduate majors, and helps support the UW System Consortium online MBA program. The department is housed in UW – Eau Claire’s AACSB accredited College of Business.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,200 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Management and Marketing: HCAD/CHAASE Events & Outreach Coordinator and Administrative Department Assistant position (Job ID # 19155) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to:
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by January 15, 2023. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).