UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Management and Marketing
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Academic Program Manager
- Job ID: #19020
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Management and Marketing: Health Care Administrative Residency Coordinator
The Health Care Administration (HCAD) program at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire has an available position beginning January 15, 2023. This is a full-time professional academic staff position (fixed renewable, 12-month assignment). This position focuses on the coordinating and supervising activities related to the health care administration administrative residency and broader HCAD program, as well as some teaching responsibilities (taught as part of load). Some travel is required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Masters in Health Care Administration or a related degree is required. Candidates enrolled and nearing completion of their graduate work will be considered. Minimum of 5 years of health care industry or related experience needed.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Health care administration experience and an interest in contemporary teaching technologies and capabilities are strongly preferred. Potential to serve as a role model and coach for students and peers, ability to work collaboratively with diverse professionals, teaching experience, service to professional organizations, and the ability to enhance the diversity of the department and serve as a role model and mentor for women and minorities will also be considered an asset.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Specific responsibilities include working with various cohorts of undergraduate health care administration administrative residency students and the affiliated organizations who serve as administrative residency sites. This person will be supervising the field experience associated with the administrative residency experience and will serve as the primary academic interface for administrative residency students. This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Cultivate and foster relationships with potential and existing administrative residency sites and preceptors
- Develop, coordinate and lead administrative residency matching process-from confirmation of sites through application and matching/placement processes
- Work with college and/or department program assistants and staff to ensure affiliation agreements, MOUs, billing, stipend payments, etc. are managed for the program
- Ensure preceptors are appropriately trained
- Facilitate regular communications with all preceptors and students (as it relates to the administrative residency experience) in consultation with faculty
- Facilitate, collectively and individually, the professional development of the administrative residency students during the year they are in the field, from developing and delivering pre-administrative residency orientation to supervising their experience throughout the year
- Schedule regular supervisory “visits” with administrative residency students and preceptors, primarily using Zoom (or equivalent), but also on-site visits as appropriate (e.g. new sites, challenging situations)
- Coordinate and deliver content in on-campus administrative residency learning modules
- Assess overall student performance/fulfillment of administrative residency expectations and assign grades (e.g. rotations)
- Collect and report aggregate administrative residency student data as needed for HCAD Assessment Plan, CHAASE Annual Report, and other quality initiatives
- Play a role in other initiatives related to administrative residency enhancement
- Practice and model the leadership and mentorship skills being taught and developed in students
Other teaching responsibilities:
- Teaching (both on-campus and online) coursework in summer, fall, and spring, related to long term care administration broad knowledge and management skills.
- Plan and accompany HCAD students on an annual, week-long student immersion experience
- Serve as advisor for the ACHCA student organization on campus
- Chair the HCAD Scholarship Committee
- Stay current and connected with the profession via regular attendance at State Association meetings
- Work with HCAD program and ARCC to support prospective and current students regarding professional development, career opportunities and other requirements specific to the HCAD major.
- Coordinate planning the annual CHAASE banquet
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair
DEPARTMENT: The Health Care Administration Program, which focuses on health and aging services administration, enjoys a superior reputation across the country, and benefits from a strong interface with professional and community organizations and its relationship with our Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence (CHAASE). The Department of Management and Marketing (which the HCAD program falls within) is a vibrant and cohesive group of teachers and scholars, dedicated to excellence in teaching and remaining current in their fields through scholarly activity. The department offers eight majors: Management, Marketing, Operations/Supply-chain Management, Human Resources, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, and International Business. The department serves over 1200 undergraduate majors, and helps support the UW System Consortium online MBA program. The department is housed in UW – Eau Claire’s AACSB accredited College of Business.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,200 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Management and Marketing: Health Care Administrative Residency Coordinator position (Job ID # 19020) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Unofficial graduate school transcript
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Names and contact information for three references
- Teaching evaluations if available
Please direct requests for additional information to:
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by November 30, 2022. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).