UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Academic Program Specialist
- Job ID: #17801
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Academic Skills Center: Academic Program Specialist
Two full-time 100% - 10-month professional academic staff positions are available in the Academic Skills Center beginning January 3, 2022. The official title for these positions is Academic Program Specialist. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance and funding. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Also required are teaching experience; demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: College level teaching experience and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
DUTIES: These academic staff members will support student academic success as part of an Academic Skills Center team that provides a peer-tutoring program, supplemental instruction, and coursework for new students or those needing academic support. Duties may include the following:
- Manage the tutoring program
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise 30 to 40 tutors for content areas and the following specialized areas: Targeted Tutoring, Service for Students with Disabilities, Ability In Motion, Veterans Services and Student Support Services.
- Assess and provide documentation for program
- Teach academic support courses
- Participate in development of and teach courses for first-year students which assist in the transition to college.
- Assign students and teach courses for students on academic warning or probation (GEN 110) and for students on probation after suspension (GEN 201).
- Coordinate Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise SI leaders.
- Assess and provide documentation for program
- Provide direct support to students
- Meet students to discuss their academic needs and make referrals to appropriate resources for assistance (Counseling, Advising, Dean of Students, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned
The staff may work in all or some of the above duties outlined.
THE UNIT: The unit of Academic Skills Center consists of a director and four staff members. The Academic Skills Center is located within the Student Success Center. Please visit our website at www.uwec.edu/ASC.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. To learn more about UWEC, visit https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/why-uwec/ .
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/ .You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Academic Skills Center: Academic Program Specialist position (Job ID # 17801) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to: email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by December 13, 2021. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).