UW-Eau Claire – Barron County Campus
Part Time, Staff
- Official Title: Student Services Coordinator
- Job ID: #17689
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Barron County Solution Center: Retention Specialist
PRIORITY APPLICATION DATE EXTENDED TO 11/26/21
A 75%, professional academic staff position is available in the Solution Center (one-stop) beginning December. The working title for this assignment is Retention Coordinator with an official title of Retention Specialist. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance and funding. The salary range is $38,000 to $42,167 and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Also required are excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure; and the ability to develop and implement new programing.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience and knowledge in higher education, organizational social media, and retention programming.
This fixed term, academic staff position reports to the Campus Director at UW-Eau Claire – Barron County and is responsible for overseeing, organizing, communicating and implementing retention efforts of UW-Eau Claire – Barron County Students. Successful candidates will work with faculty, staff, students, and community partners on high engagement activities, such as mentorship programs, service learning, internships, work-study, major exploration, and related activities. This position will promote community engagement, academic planning, career services, financial literacy, and seamless transition within UW-Eau Claire. This position will also work closely with our large high school population and build opportunities to retain high school students as degree-seeking undergraduates.
1. Collaborate with the Student Life & Activities Coordinator and oversee student engagement activities; advising kickoff, orientation, UW-Eau Claire transition experience, etc.
2. Establish a retention program that works closely with our large high school population and build opportunities to retain high school students as degree-seeking undergraduates.
Work with Advising, Retention & Career Services (ARCC) to build, organize, and oversee Handshake, Work-Study promotion and placement, Career Services and Community Connections.
3. Develop, plan, and promote programming around retention efforts, financial literacy, major exploration and academic success.
4. Foster the successful transition of students into UW-Eau Claire – Barron County and from UW-Eau Claire – Barron County to UW-Eau Claire.
5. Develop and maintain a social media action plan that strengthens existing relationships (students and non-students) and reaches a broader external community.
6. Leverage social media and digital media to promote the accomplishments, programs, and opportunities offered to students, organizations, and alumni.
7. Collaborate with faculty to facilitate the offering and management of high impact student experiences, such as mentorship programs, internships, service learning, professional site visits, and related activities.
8. Explore and develop new partnerships with school districts, employers, and various stakeholders to create innovative strategies and educational opportunities designed to meet the needs of the central and northwest regions of Wisconsin.
9. Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
THE UNIT: The Solution Center is your go-to place at UW-Eau Claire – Barron County to get the information you need about the business of being a student. From advising to financial aid, our staff is here to help you.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire – Barron County provides quality liberal arts general education that is accessible and affordable, prepares students for success and promotes lifelong learning, leadership, service and responsible citizenship. With an associate degree option, students here can get a quality education that will help in preparing for a career in the real world. At UW-Eau Claire – Barron County we strive to give each of our students an unforgettable experience.
On July 1, 2018, the University of Wisconsin-Barron County officially became a branch campus of UW-Eau Claire as part of a UW System-wide restructuring of all the former UW Colleges. The Barron County campus was officially named, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire – Barron County.
Located an easy one-hour drive from the Chippewa Valley, UW-Eau Claire – Barron County is located in the thriving community of Rice Lake. This city of approximately 10,000 people boasts of its indoor hockey, curling and swimming facilities, and enclosed shopping mall, national retail stores, and downtown business area.
The Blue Hills recreation area, just east of Rice Lake, is an excellent location for hiking, mountain biking, fishing, snowmobiling and downhill and cross-country skiing. To find out more about our community, visit Rice Lake Online.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/ .You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Retention Coordinator position (Job ID # 17689) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
• Letter of application
• Names and contact information for three references.
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by November 26, 2021. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings will change in November 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.