UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Coach
- Job ID: #17385
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Athletics: Head Women's Gymnastics Coach
Head Women's Gymnastics Coach (100%) beginning in August 2021 or soon thereafter.
- Direct and manage all Head Coach – Women’s Gymnastics duties within the guidelines of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) and NCAA Division III.
- Provide oversight of all recruiting and retention of qualified student-athletes consistent with the academic standards of the University.
- Provide oversight and responsibility of annual budget which includes staff, travel, equipment, and supplies.
- Schedule all competitive and practice schedules, with Director of Athletics approval.
- Responsible for all care and inventory of equipment for the program.
- Responsible for achievement in areas of retention, graduation rate, and leadership.
- Must promote a culture of NCAA compliance.
- Promote the sport with students, alumni, and members of the community.
- Promote revenue generation related to the program.
- Provide oversight of all hiring and supervision of assistant coaches with Director of Athletics approval.
- Participate in department fundraising and events.
- Participate in all major gift visits/asks when requested by Director of Athletics.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success in all areas of responsibility stated.
- Must have strong leadership and communication skills.
- A commitment to athletic excellence within an academic environment.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Head coaching experience preferred.
- The candidate must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
UNIVERSITY AND EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Athletics: Head Women’s Gymnastics Coach position (Job ID # 17385) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Unofficial transcripts of highest degree earned
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Dan Schumacher, Director of Athletics
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by August 15, 2021. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings will change in November 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.