UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: University Services Program Associate
- Job ID: #17162
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Student Services Front-line Representative - Blugold Central
A full-time university staff position is available in Blugold Central beginning July 1, 2021. The working title for this assignment is Blugold Central Front-Line Representative with an official title of Student Services One-Stop Center Professional. This is an expected-to-continue assignment which requires a six-month probationary. The expected hourly hiring salary will be $16.04/hour.
Required Education: BS or BA Degree
- Commitment to customer service excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups, individuals, and customers
- Organizational skills, including work prioritization, attention to detail, and effective problem-solving
- Flexibility in a variety of situations, including changes, and working under pressure
- The ability and willingness to learn new systems, software, and processes quickly
- Operational knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Previous experience in a customer service environment, including in-person, electronic and/or over the telephone interactions.
- Familiarity with UW-Eau Claire or other UW-System campus administrative procedures
- Knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Prior experience with a customer database system, financial/budget system, or electronic form system
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusiveness
DUTIES: The One-Stop Professional provides information, answers questions, facilitates transactions, and provides problem resolution in a timely manner for financial aid, student financial accounts, parking, records and registration, and continuing education. The One-Stop Professional also responds to student and other campus stakeholder queries related to broader University questions. As such, the One-Stop Professional is responsible for day-to-day activities within the One Stop; ensuring appropriate staffing; assisting with scheduling, managing and training peer advisors; contributing to ongoing knowledge sharing and dissemination; and ensuring a culture of service excellence in walk-in, phone, and virtual environments. Additionally, the One-Stop Professional works collaboratively with campus subject-matter experts, including financial aid counselors, academic representatives, dean of students’ staff, veteran’s coordinator, program managers, and others as appropriate. In all instances, the One-Stop Professional is dedicated to quality customer service and acts in alignment with the Blugold Central customer service standards; appreciating the relationship between reliable and accurate work done in a customer-service focused manner, and the University’s recruitment and retention efforts.
Core Job Accountabilities
- Ensures service-level excellence in walk-in, phone, and virtual environments
- Works to optimize operational efficiency in all service environments
- Provides accurate and timely information regarding financial aid, records and registration, bill payment, parking, etc.
- Serves as service resource for general University information
- Takes action on customer issues; assisting students with resolution to registration, enrollment, financial aid, academic records, financial account information, parking, etc.
- Calls upon subject matter experts when appropriate
- Advises Manager of service delivery-related issues
- Safeguards institutional compliance & security
- Basic knowledge of university’s integrated student information system
- Basic service-related knowledge across functional areas
- Appreciation of federal, state, institutional guidelines & compliance related to student services
- University mission, vision, goals, strategy
- Blugold Central strategy & philosophy related to student services
- Utilizes professional judgment & discretion
Job-Specific Customer Focus
- High level of dedication to quality service and student retention
- Ensures that service provided meets external customers’ needs
- Interacts directly with students or other external customers
- Interacts with internal subject matter experts and other campus departments; may interact with customers external to campus
THE UNIT: The unit of Blugold Central consists of over 50 staff members spanning the functional Student Services areas of: Financial Aid, Records and Registration, Bursar’s Office, Parking and Transportation, and Continuing Education. Blugold Central is also a part of the larger Enrollment Management Unit, which is additionally comprised of: Admissions; Advising, Retention + Career Center; Athletics; Housing and Residence Life and Recreation.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Student Services Front-line Representative position (Job ID # 17162) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Brett Schroedel; email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by 4:00 pm on May 31, 2021. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.