UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Advising, Retention + Career Center
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: University Services Program Associate
- Job ID: #17066
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Recruiting Assistant/Front Desk Associate
POSITION: A full-time university staff position is available in Advising, Retention & Career Center (ARCC) beginning May, 2021. The working title for this assignment is Recruiting Assistant/Front Desk Associate with an official title of University Services Program Associate. This is an expected-to-continue assignment which requires a six-month probationary period. The expected hourly hiring salary will be $16.31 per hour and based on qualifications and experience.
• Associates degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Demonstrated customer service experience and professionalism
• Detail orientation, strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong technical skills including proficient use of electronic document software, student information systems, Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook, CampS, and SharePoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication including the ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to work as a cohesive member of a team
• Willingness to question when something seems amiss
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness
• Ability to work independently and quickly, applying judgment and logic, while being innovative and making decisions
• Experience with electronic document software (ex: ImageNow)
• Experience with student information systems (ex: PeopleSoft)
• Experience with online scheduling software (ex: Student Success Collaborative and Handshake web scheduling programs)
DUTIES: This position provides recruiting assistance to the Career Services office, for on-campus interviewing and the internship/jobs database as well as customer service to support Front Desk Operations, as part of the Advising, Retention and Career Center. The individual works under general supervision at the full performance level. Execution of these responsibilities requires the ability to manage multiple priorities, strong technical skills, communication skills and the ability to use independent judgment in the application of those skills. The position reports to the Associate Director of Career Services.
Responsibilities will include providing recruitment assistance for Handshake (50%) and delivering staffing and administrative support for Front Desk operations and Academic Testing (50%).
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. To learn more about UWEC, visit https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/why-uwec/ .
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Recruiting Assistant/Front Desk Associate position (Job ID # 17066) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
• Letter of application
• Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Staci Heidtke; HEIDTKSL@uwec.edu
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by April 14, 2021 However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in November 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.