UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Student Services Coordinator
- Job ID: #16989
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Admissions - Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator
A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in Admissions beginning June 1, 2021. The working title for this assignment is Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator with an official title in the Student Services Coordinator title series. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Professional dedication to serving underrepresented student populations
• Experience in the supervision of student or professional staff, preferably in a higher education setting
• Dedication to service excellence for students, University administrators, faculty, and others
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively on initiatives
• Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusiveness; able to bring diverse perspectives and experiences together
• A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in related field
• Previous experience in a higher education setting working with diverse student populations
• Previous experience in an admissions office or other recruitment and outreach activities
• Ability to analyze, make decisions, and solve problems effectively
• Demonstrated experience leading a team
• Oversee multicultural student recruitment in collaboration with other Admissions Office leadership and various stakeholders across campus: the Office of Multicultural Affairs, Blugold Beginnings, Student Support Services, Upward Bound, etc.
• Support scholarship and admissions process for underrepresented student populations
• Provide leadership to and development of freshmen admissions counselors through activities such as professional development, supervision, and evaluation.
• Work with prospective students, parents, and high school counseling staff informing them of educational opportunities available at UWEC and advising them of the admission requirements and procedures.
• Coordinate outreach activities such as virtual presentations, webinars, and panels in collaboration with campus partners and other admissions staff.
• Represent the University at high school visits, educational fairs, college/career days/nights, and other outreach events throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota.
• Lead on-campus presentations for prospective students and their parents.
• Assist with group visits to campus.
• Other duties as assigned by senior leadership.
THE UNIT: The Office of Admissions consists of 20 staff members and is charged with the recruitment of students and processing of all application materials. https://www.uwec.edu/admissions/
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. To learn more about UWEC, visit https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/why-uwec/ .
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/ .You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Admissions – Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator position (Job ID # 16989) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum vita
• Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Isabel Walters; firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by April 12, 2021. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).