UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Admissions, Enrollment Management
Full Time, Administrative
- Official Title: Director, Admissions
- Job ID: #16988
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Director of Admissions
A full-time, professional staff position is available in Enrollment Management - Admissions beginning approximately 7/1/2021. The working title for this assignment is Director of Admissions with an official title in the Director Unspecified title series. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Director of Enrollment Management -Admissions and Recruitment reports to and works in consultation with the Interim Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management. As a visible leader, the director will demonstrate exemplary integrity, serving as a role model by exhibiting trust, transparency, and maintaining the highest level of professional standards. The director will have an opportunity to make a significant impact at UWEC by establishing an enrollment strategy and expanding educational opportunities for prospective students within Wisconsin and beyond. This position provides high-level leadership and is responsible for the development, oversight and functionality of the Office of Admissions. This unit is responsible for the recruitment; application processing and enrollment for degree and non-degree domestic and international traditional, non-traditional, undergraduate, graduate, transfer and re-entry students; predictive analytics for enrollment management planning; and strategic planning for UW – Eau Claire and UW – Eau Claire -- Barron County. Additionally, this critical position partners closely with members of the Enrollment Management division, the Integrated Marketing and Communications team, and other key university and off-campus partners. The director provides cross- divisional strategic planning for the oversight, implementation and ongoing evaluation of institutional practices, opportunities and policies regarding student recruitment, admission, retention and success.
Core Job Accountabilities
• Develop and nurture strong relationships with college deans, academic departments and co-curricular offices to enhance the availability of resources that support Admissions Institutional, Department and Admissions programming and its strategic enrollment goals.
• At the divisional level, contribute to a strategic approach that develops, supports and improves university-wide initiatives aimed at positively impacting recruitment, admission, enrollment, and retention of all students.
• Provide leadership, budgetary oversight and supervision including employee development, performance management and creation of a student-centered professional environment.
• Develop admissions organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; work with Admissions and Enrollment Management leadership to establish functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
• Work with the Associate Director to establish admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining operational productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
• Work with the Assistant Director to develop, lead and oversee recruitment plans for UW - Eau Claire and UW-Eau Claire -- Barron County that are informed by strategic enrollment goals.
• Work closely with the University’s Integrated Marketing team to develop innovative and cohesive marketing and recruitment strategies that support enrollment efforts.
• Advise, collaborate and consult with senior leadership to establish new directives, plans and strategic enrollment goals.
• Promote a culture of inclusive excellence and demonstrate a commitment to advancing the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Gain the respect of diverse individual groups by demonstrating the ability of the university to respond to the concerns and interests of its various communities.
• Monitor state-wide, regional, national, and international educational and enrollment trends, and industry best practices.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and UW-System policies and implement appropriate processes consistent with those policies.
• Represent the University and effectively communicate to prospective students, parents, school counselors and admissions professionals, alumni, faculty, and external agencies.
• Other duties as assigned by Enrollment Management leadership.
• By definition of this position, persons in this position are considered a campus security authority (CSA) to whom individuals may report certain crimes occurring within UWEC on-campus and off-campus property.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Experience in a leadership role in a university setting including administrative and supervisory experience.
• Highly dedicated to service excellence for students, University administrators, faculty, and others.
• Familiarity with database software, customer relationship management (CRM) and analytical programs and Microsoft 365 (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc) • Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to:
o work effectively within a team-oriented environment.
o analyze data/research and make recommendations to promote implementation of effective practices.
o develop and manage complex budgets.
o maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive information.
• Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusiveness; able to bring diverse perspectives and experiences together.
Preferred Job Requirements
• Master’s degree in relevant or associated discipline.
• Experience or educational background in a subject area related to one of Admissions student services functions.
• Well-developed leadership and management skills, including a strong commitment to team building and staff development.
• Ability to analyze, make decisions, and solve problems effectively.
• Demonstrated experience in leading change, developing strategic plans, and applying process improvements necessary to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
THE UNIT: The unit of Enrollment Management - Admissions consists of up to 20 staff members. https://www.uwec.edu/admissions
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities. To learn more about UWEC, visit https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/why-uwec/ .
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Director of Admissions position (Job ID #) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum vita
• Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Jennifer McGeorge; firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by March 19, 2021. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.